Correctly Filing Expressions

I think I'm doing something wrong here. I have an expression saved in Pose Controls/Head/Expressions But if I click on the head, in the paramiters tab it dont show up. Is there something I'm not doing?

Comments

• It would usually appear on the figure, not the head.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

if you set your pose controller, for Head, it only visible when You select head. but it depend on author who made his controller. some vendor may offer Aliias or Link, then you can find same controller as Alias (kind of clone of real controller) , when you select Head as same as root node.

Do you really hope to make Alias, or hope to make controller, which only visible when you select "head" node?  if so you need to know how to make Alias as clone controller.

or you may need to re-make it then assgin pose controller for "head node"?  It may offer another problem. because, when you serch currently used, it not show this controller. even though you already used. you need to select head node, to see it as currently used.

usually we may make head pose controller for Root node not head node, without thinking much I think.  then may make Alias or clone for Head node.

If there is no Alias, or link controller,  even though you set path as "Pose Controls/Head , it only visible when you select root node. with the path hieralchy.

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

if you set your pose controller, for Head, it only visible when You select head. but it depend on author who made his controller. some vendor may offer Aliias or Link, then you can find same controller as Alias (kind of clone of real controller) , when you select Head as same as root node.

Do you really hope to make Alias, or hope to make controller, which only visible when you select "head" node?  if so you need to know how to make Alias as clone controller.

or you may need to re-make it then assgin pose controller for "head node"?  It may offer another problem. because, when you serch currently used, it not show this controller. even though you already used. you need to select head node, to see it as currently used.

usually we may make head pose controller for Root node not head node, without thinking much I think.  then may make Alias or clone for Head node.

If there is no Alias, or link controller,  even though you set path as "Pose Controls/Head , it only visible when you select root node. with the path hieralchy.

Please dont take this the wrong way but I think I'm more confused now that I was when I started. haha

Can you simplify that? I'm a little "drr" hehe

Haha I see,, (it is my fault) .    I need to know more clear,, which parameter you made If I can help something. cheeky

expression which you told is,  you made  "pose controller",  by ERC freeze (or manually set erc)  which can change other expressions controller values, then save as morph?

if so, (it is not morph, but controller property  which change other expressions value), you can set it for head node too.  if you hope so, I can show how make expression controller,   which assign for head node, then when you select head, you can see this controller.  in pose, and parameter tab. it depend on how you set ERC freeze, or you can make empty controller first, with select head node. then set ERC for other properties. (expressions)

or  you make new morph then set path "Pose Controls/Head/Expressions", and save it as new morph? , if it is morph (actually move vertices directly)  without you make new controller (or Alias) for the morph, the expression morph can not assgin for Head node. all morph can be assgin for root node only. 

(I do not know about cr2 type figure, but about genesis figures, we can not make partial morph assgin for head or hand,, then we can make morph for root node only)

then you can not see the morph parameter, (though you seems set path as expression controller,) when You select head node.  but you can make Alias, then set it for head node. (it is clone parameter of the morph)   to tell clear way to assgin for head node,, at least I need to know clear, what you saved.   and what you hope .

without it, I need to offer real long reply for both case ^^;    but if you just hope to serch parameter which you made, Richard already said, it may be already assgin for root node. then you need not think much,, just select root, and see paramter tab, the expression should be there.

(Actually I often forget to assgin expression controller for head, then make for root node only. when I have plenty time, I sometimes make new Alias or controller) 

I am now really tired of following modeling you tube tutoriall,  then for my purpose, (anatano tamejya naindakara!! ) make one  expression controller (for genesis8)  which assgin head only. do not know it is useful or not, but just discribe here.. indecision

1. make expression by mix up, shape morph and pose expression which I have already.

2.  I decided to make it as pose controller, then assign for head only.   select head node, in scene tab.  then go to parameter tab, and set it as  edit mode.

3   make new empty parameter, in the category which I hope to set (as temp),  right click on category>create new property.

4  I set path, Pose controlls/head/Expressions?TK (add sub category for easy find),, then it is important,  do not check "create as empty morph"  I need not morph. it need to be controller.  other properties not so important, just set name and label as you like. the Name will be file name when you save it as new morph. 

5  I confirm,  new controller which I named "CryingStart", in category which I set as "path".  then check parameter setting,.

I seems forget to set type as "Modifier pose",angel then I set it , in parameter setting.  (so that I can use zero pose, for this parameter, and can use memorize pose etc) and can find it in pose tab too (I believe so) 

imageimage

6   I need to set ERC freeze for this controller.  in parameter tab (select head node),  set controller value as 100%. then r-cilick this parameter highlighted P mark, set ERC freeze.

7. Erc freeze window open, then I check Node and property. I assgin this property for Head node,, then Genesis8female:head is correct. (you can change it if you hope so)   and check property, then there is no parameter, which I do not hope to link this controller. (I often include bone visiblity, or sub-D information,, then check it now)

it seems OK for me.  I  Restore Figure, about this case. and  Restore Rigging. (it often confuse me,,just try again, if something wrong ) cheeky

8  after create ERC freeze, I restore figure. and zero figure again. just confrim return as default. then check with bone visible, controller work correctly, expression turn what I made before.

9  then if I select root, this parameter never shown. because it is assgin for head only .  then it only be shown when I select head, in parameter and pose.

(to change it I needed to set for root, or make another alias for this controller,,, but I just stop now)

10 set value as zero, and confrim default value should be zero, then save it as new moprh (as same as when you make and save morph)  when I  check this morph, in save window, I must need to serch under head node.  then check head node, and extract, serch category which I set as path, then check the controller only.

Ok, well let me tell you whats going on. Maybe It's too late but you see how the Poses are in the Actor Pose controls? I need to move them to the head.

How I do that? D=

Btw these are object file expressions Via morph loader. Their not controled by using pre-existing expressions.

Capture.JPG
    1600 x 788 - 195K

So those are morphs, then  they can not assgin for another node (and you can not move them, to the head).  but it is same about all daz product expressions.

To show those as "head node"  pose controller (when you select "head" , they are shown too),  you need to make "Alias" or another  "pose controller" which  have link for those morph, and assgin for head node. about all morphs which you need.

Alias is more simple.  in parameter tab (edit mode)  R-click the morph , then select "porperty cloner". it can make Alias for node which you set.

Then in Property cloner window,  set Target node as  Genesis3female:head (drop down menu) , and check on "Target properties " Create as Aliases", click accept.

then test by select "head", now you may find same name Alias (mark as A), in same category (pose controller/head/expression/,,) 

You can set different Labell for alias (I sometimes set labell as Alias_pose etc,, , to clear see it is Alias). now it link with default morph (assgind for head).  if you tweak one of them, , another (Alias or original) show same value.  

The morst important step is,,must save those "alias" (under head node)  as new morph. (save as morph) , as same as original morph. (which you saved before, I believe).

clone1.JPG
    1108 x 762 - 129K
    clone2.JPG
    1073 x 662 - 95K
    clone3.JPG
    1181 x 772 - 129K

Ok. I'll give that a try. thank you for the help.