What do I need to create conversations between characters?

dferrasdferras Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm slowly working my way through the tutorials and they're quite helpful.
I am very confused about how to achieve my goals: create conversations between people that I can use for eLearning.
For example, do I need to buy separate male and female characters? How do I know if clothing and accessory sets will work with the characters I buy? How can I make the characters mouths move as if they're talking, and how to I add audio so they talk?
Any help would be very helpful!!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Assuming you are using DAZ Studio, which you don't state:

No, you don't need to buy additional figures - you can use the basic Male and Basic Female shapes for Genesis, all included with Genesis Starter Essentials that you got with the application.

Clothing for Genesis, or for Genesis characters such as Victoria 5 and Michael 5, will work on Genesis. So will hair. Textures and characters may require additional products (if a character is listed as for Victoria 5 for example it probably does need V5 for the texture to fit on the figure correctly).

There are morphs on the head of Genesis that give the various phonemes, and the 32 bit version of DS includes the LipSync plugin that will generate a sequence of lip movements to match a recording.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited March 2013

I was told Mimic does not work with Genesis. Is that an error? And what? the 32 bit version of DS gets us Mimic???

The Phenomes are under the head's pose controls. Select the head, and go to the parameters tab to find the pose controls.

To load an audio file, goto Edit/Audio

Post edited by wancow on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

I think there is a DMC file to use Genesis with Mimi/LipSync - check the Animation forum to be sure.

• I have s problem with creating a conversation between a car dealer and a buyer, but the problem is that I am in the very beggining of DAZ Studio learning. I need to create a role playing conversation for onboarding course like here https://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/elearning-examples but with 3D models as soon as possible!! Could you please advise me how should I start or maybe you know someone who can do it for me?