Looking for good Iray spot and rim lights

I am not good creating my own light sets so I am depending on the clever people who can make great lights.

I am looking for good Iray spot lights, and / or rim lights, best in a combination of both.

Does anyone know of good lightsets for Iray that have spot and / or rim lights?

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

The Ultra Geneis light set is pretty good.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Though I tend to prefer my own rigs, I have used Colm's Renderstudio for Iray, which includes spots and rims of various types (both are based on spotlights with various settings). I got it on sale; regular price is fairly steep.

I'm not sure if it's yet fixed in the public release of the latest 4.9 but very bright directed light roughly perpendicular to the camera axis can cause odd shader artifacts between the torso and leg seams of many characters. Every single G3F/G3M  character I have, regardless of source of skin textures, exhibit a glossy/non-glossy transition because of this light.

I've never figured out how or why this happens, and when I asked around about it, few others encountered the issue. The artifact occurs with VERY bright rim lights, on the othder of 100:1 between rim and directed spot brightness. The only thing that fixed it was to either move the rim light or decrease its brightsness-- either way, the the visual appearance of the bright rim that I was trying to achieve was lost.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

Thank you guys, I do have Renderstudio but never been to happy with it since the Infinite Cove broke with one of the DS updates. 

Tech support does not seem to be able to fix it, I send a ticket about 6 month ago, but they do keep me updatet wich is great.

I found some good spot lights from Forbidden Whipser while I was browsing.

They are just amazing.

Thank you again for your help.