OK, where is it?

gytrashgytrash Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This Carrara 8.5 endless beta saga is wearing me down. I'm a busy guy and I need to create something fast. The last beta serial I can see anywhere expires Jan 2013. It is now March. No other versions of Carrara run in Mac OS 10.8, so I'm screwed without an 8.5 beta serial number.

Can anyone tell me where to locate an UP TO DATE one?? I need it in the next hour or I'm screwed.

Thanks

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/ Bottom of the first post in the thread

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

gytrash said:
    This Carrara 8.5 endless beta saga is wearing me down. I'm a busy guy and I need to create something fast. The last beta serial I can see anywhere expires Jan 2013. It is now March. No other versions of Carrara run in Mac OS 10.8, so I'm screwed without an 8.5 beta serial number.

Can anyone tell me where to locate an UP TO DATE one?? I need it in the next hour or I'm screwed.

Thanks

here -
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/

• gytrashgytrash Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks! Saved my ass :)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

gytrash said:

Was your donkey in jeopardy over this?

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

gytrash said:
    OK, where is it?

I thought this thread was going to be about The Millennium Cow!

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    gytrash said:

Was your donkey in jeopardy over this?

no his ass !
    and thats no bull s-----

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

gytrash said:

Glad you got the serial!

It is a beta for a reason. Personally, I wouldn't trust a mission critical assignment to a beta (or even a 1.0 software). Unless there's a reason to rely on the beta (recent Mac OS X upgrade for instance) I would use the 8.1 production build. The only advantage of the beta (aside from the OS X issue) would be Genesis, and quite frankly, I'm not sure that's worth the risk of using the beta for a something that you need to save your donkey! ;-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited December 1969

gytrash said:

Glad you got the serial!

It is a beta for a reason. Personally, I wouldn't trust a mission critical assignment to a beta (or even a 1.0 software). Unless there's a reason to rely on the beta (recent Mac OS X upgrade for instance) I would use the 8.1 production build. The only advantage of the beta (aside from the OS X issue) would be Genesis, and quite frankly, I'm not sure that's worth the risk of using the beta for a something that you need to save your donkey! ;-)

I don't know, EP. I think the beta has a lot more going for it that just the inclusion of Genesis - which is huge...
    But you are absolutely right that mission critical assignments should never be taken to a beta app ;)

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

]I don't know, EP. I think the beta has a lot more going for it that just the inclusion of Genesis - which is huge...
    But you are absolutely right that mission critical assignments should never be taken to a beta app ;)

I'll argue that point. You may consider genesis a huge asset to carrara. I think it is a major PITA that prevented carrara devs from fixing and updating more important features in carrara.

Yes genesis is the next step in premade figures, but how does it fix the F'ed up after effects lighting like glow and light cone? How does it effect softbody/bullet so we can have actual animated dynamic clothes? Genesis isn't even close to the top of my list for needed fixes and features in carrara. Being able to use genesis in carrara doesn't effect my scene building or animation, but other issues do.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    ]I don't know, EP. I think the beta has a lot more going for it that just the inclusion of Genesis - which is huge...

I'll argue that point. You may consider genesis a huge asset to carrara. I think it is a major PITA that prevented carrara devs from fixing and updating more important features in carrara.

Yes genesis is the next step in premade figures, but how does it fix the F'ed up after effects lighting like glow and light cone? How does it effect softbody/bullet so we can have actual animated dynamic clothes? Genesis isn't even close to the top of my list for needed fixes and features in carrara. Being able to use genesis in carrara doesn't effect my scene building or animation, but other issues do.

coming next year :lol: