Help moving stuff from studio to Bryce

TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I don't know what I'm doing as usual purchased this castle for daz how do I select the whole thing so I can move it to Bryce is there a way to group the whole thing??? Thanks in advance Trish

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, In the Scene pane, select the items you want to transfer to Bryce, then from the menu bar select "Send to Bryce" to send the selected items. If you want to transfer the entire scene, you can click on the menu icon in the upper corner of the Scene pane and choose "Select All". Note that when you click on something to select it, it's only selecting the top level node (not items parented to it), and similarly if you use Invert Selection, it's probably not selecting what you expect.

What object(s) specifically are you trying to transfer?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Assuming you have Bryce open, click on Create and then on the DAZ logo at right on the shelf. This opens Studio. Load the castle, then File > Send to Bryce. You can also open Studio first, get the castle in, then File > Send to Bryce. This will open Bryce. After a few seconds, the castle is in Bryce. If you want to use it later for another project, just save it in the Objects Library in Bryce.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited March 2013

I want to move the whole castle connected to Bryce and Bryce says nothing is selected and it will only highlight one area at a time...Ok i'm stupid I can't find the menu icon on the scene pane......I should confess that Studio has just been an icon on my desktop while I played with Bryce

castle.png
    714 x 787 - 464K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I can't find the menu icon on the scene pane

Note that depending on where you have your pane docked, it could be in either the upper right corner like this screenshot or the upper left corner instead.
    screenshot,_menu_icon.png
    660 x 411 - 35K
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

In Studio go to scene panel/Tab and then click on the Castle Prop...If you have a whole bunch of meshes showing click on the little arrow and condense the whole thing into one line..srlrct that line and then export...Or you can control/ctrl and click on each individule piece...Word of warning...Make sure you make a folder to put the exported object in so all the maps that you will need to convert to Bryce maps get put into the same folder...Bryce will ask for them over and over agin if you dont...

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

ok found it Thankyou so much...I was really lost