Install Manager problem and fix

noquiexisnoquiexis Posts: 32
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Since there were as lot of ZIP installers (339), I used the queue method to install them. Most packages had already been installed, so I installed these over the top of them to insure the latest updates.

39 of the ZIP install files failed to install with DAZ Install Manager. Checking the log revealed that the installer could not extract one or more of the following files:

Directory: F:\DAZ Studio 4\Studio\My Library\Runtime\WebLinks\DAZ Productions, Inc\
DAZ3D.pzs
DAZ Free Weekly Download.pzs
DAZ Platinum Club.pzs
Mimic Voice Software.pzs

After deleting these files, the installers were able to complete the install of those models. I also deleted the log.txt contents to make finding these bugs easier.

:-)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Good point, those have been a problem in Vista and Win7 with the old installers, also -- that's what causes those "this product might not have installed correctly" messages. They're unnecessary, but they were read-only, so they don't want to get overwritten. When Install Manager installs them they can be overwritten, but if they were there previously it appears you still get that problem.