Ambient colour bug.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

Anyone else find that sometimes when you load a saved scene some of the ambient colours appear as though they are white with the intensity cranked to 100 when you render and that all the lights have their intensity set at 200% even though when you look at the settings they all appear to be normal. When you close Daz Studio and re-open and reload the scene everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be. This has happened to me a few times now. My version is 4.5.1.6.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen it in ver 4.5.1.56, but have a couple of times in earlier versions. You may want to update...

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

But wouldn't 4.5.1.6 be newer than 4.5.1.56?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

No, this has caused confusion for many people. 56 is larger than 6, so 4.5.1.56 is newer.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

Hi @ghastlycomic,

The most recent version is version 4.5.1.56. It was released in early January http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14562/.

Hope that helps :)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Wow... that is a very confusing number scheme. Thanks!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Yes, it goes against the old tried and true DOS alphanumeric way of listing file names.

That said, I believe they are considering everything after the last (.) as a whole number, and not individual numeric characters, which is what you are probably used to.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,868
    edited December 1969

They are four whole numbers separated by dots, like IP addresses. If they were decimals there could be only the one dot.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Please refer to the old post if people want to pick up this conversation. It was covered well and in depth so starting from scratch here on the whys and hows of versioning doesn't make sense. I don't have the link atm unfortunately.