Steps for importing Marvelous Designer OBJs into DS 4.5 (Genesis)

mrflirtymrflirtymrflirtymrflirty Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

Apologies for the question but I'm trying to work out how to import an obj created in Marvelous Designer into DS 4.5 (specifically clothing I've modeled in MD on an imported genesis model).

I've searched for answers and everything seems to be suggesting to use the create clothing function. However I can't find this function anywhere? When I look under assets I just get the transfer morph tools, etc but no create clothing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The Transfer Utility will transfer the Genesis weights and joints to the target OBJ, such as a piece of clothing from MD. You might also look at SickleYield's latest product, which includes additional templates for use with the Transfer Utility that can help get a good result.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The 'Create Clothing' was a short lived experimental feature in one of the early version of the 4.x series. It was basically must a 'short cut' way of using the above mentioned Transfer Utility.

• mrflirtymrflirtymrflirtymrflirty Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahhh that explains my confusion then. I thought I shouldn't be using the Transfer Utility because everything was pointing to Create Clothing.

Thanks so much for the clarification folks. To the Transfer Utility! *cue crime fighting music*

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

The Transfer Utility will transfer the Genesis weights and joints to the target OBJ, such as a piece of clothing from MD. You might also look at SickleYield's latest product, which includes additional templates for use with the Transfer Utility that can help get a good result.

Where can you find or what is SickleYield’s latest product?

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

I did a little guide for Genesis clothing creation... Maybe it could help you for some things besides the Transfer Utility.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14421/

• edited December 1969

KimberSue said:

Where can you find or what is SickleYield’s latest product?

Sickle Rigging and Morphing System