Platea, Platea : LR, Platea : Fallen - Available now. [Commercial]

Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,126
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Hey all,

Pleased to announce finally the release of my latest collection of work. There are 3 parts available, the base pack (Platea) a low-res replacement pack (Platea : LR) and a texture addon pack (Platea : Fallen, which supports both packs too).

It's a versatile kit, which can be used to make a variety of environments. As always, you can break it down and configure wall panels etc as you like, which gives plenty of scope and makes future addons a lot more useful.

There is also an Epic Bundle to get your teeth into as well if you want the complete set.

Thanks and enjoy, be sure to post some renders over in the JAS thread!

Cheers!

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 371K
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 284K
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 322K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited December 1969

OMG, you've got me. Love it. This is perfect. Looking for those kind of architecture items for so long. I WANT MORE OF THAT. BIIIIIG SCENES. Your bad ,you've got to deal with that. ;-) ;-) ;-)

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,126
    edited December 1969

OMG, you've got me. Love it. This is perfect. Looking for those kind of architecture items for so long. I WANT MORE OF THAT. BIIIIIG SCENES. Your bad ,you've got to deal with that. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thanks, glad you like it :)

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Went straight into the cart as soon as I saw it this morning. Magnificent work as always.

edited December 1969

Cheers cipher_x

Have to admit it's strange now products go live at midnight, so you hit the night in the US.. and have a few hours of sitting there in awkward silence waiting for the first few comments to come trickling in :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Stupid question: is the low-res version a standalone product? This looks amazing!; but $$ is getting a little tight, so... :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Stupid question: is the low-res version a standalone product? This looks amazing!; but $$ is getting a little tight, so... :)

No, sorry - you need the base pack for that to work. :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

No, sorry - you need the base pack for that to work. :)

Oh well. (breaks open piggy-bank, starts counting pennies) :)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Damn Jack!

Awesome work again, especially "Fallen."

edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Damn Jack!

Awesome work again, especially "Fallen."

Cheers :)

• HarbadixHarbadix Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Firstly, loving this its just what I need for a project and I jumped on it straight away and am doing a yellow limestone texture set (I need a certain look for my project)

One thing I am a little disappointed about tho is the lack of a complete pre-built load as we get with most architecture sets. Its a great model but there are so many parts its a bit difficult to see which bits I need to add and in the promo images it is a two story building but I am only getting a one story structure. Am I missing something?

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited December 1969

I agree here. A complete preload scene would be helpfull. :-)

edited December 1969

Darkmagi said:
    Firstly, loving this its just what I need for a project and I jumped on it straight away and am doing a yellow limestone texture set (I need a certain look for my project)

One thing I am a little disappointed about tho is the lack of a complete pre-built load as we get with most architecture sets. Its a great model but there are so many parts its a bit difficult to see which bits I need to add and in the promo images it is a two story building but I am only getting a one story structure. Am I missing something?

Platea is made up of separate sections, which when loaded up will create a full 360° exterior courtyard. The preloads load to form a complete level on the ground floor. To create multiple levels, create your floor, parent the parts together and the move it all up on the Y axis. In Poser, that is approx. 22.85 and in DS that is 647.13.

Further levels can be added simply by incrementing these values. There is a certain amount of play in this too - the only limiting factor is the door step (as part of Wall_Door object), just make sure that is sitting correctly and not floating. If you are not using any doors on the upper floors, you don't have to be so precise.

Breakdown and explanation of preload cr2's:

Preloads have been split into two groups: 'A' and B as used in the promo artwork, 'A' denoting the ground floor (with the round wall columns) and 'B' is the upper floor (with square columns and railings). These are just two ways to group the parts, and you can quickly and easily create your own array of floor sections and stack them as desired.

The ground as used in promo 2 features both F_Gr and P_Gr ground parts. The water plane was made invisible, and then the P_Gr section was lowered down enough to look like a natural step, while hiding the original F_Gr mosaic floor.

So in it's simplest terms, just load up the second level (in the case of the promo image that's !Pre_Wall_B and move it up (and the roof) the same again if you want to add a 3rd level.

Hope that helps!

edited December 1969

Thats brilliant Jack thanks, thats just what I needed, I dont have a probem adding the other level now I know it has to be done manualy and your explanation of the various sections is a great help.

Really great model and its perfect for what I need, thanks!

edited December 1969

Np - that was from the readme, hopefully that's included in the installer :)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,333
    edited March 2013

Agreed.

The details in this sets are amazing. And I do appreciate the fact that it is possible to combine different sets and move things around.

Therefore a big thank you for the incredible work done with this set!

- - -

But I do expect a complete preload option for the whole scene to be included to recreate the layout of the promo images with just one button click.

In the promo text it states that

Please note, to use the fully loaded set I would recommend a you have a reasonably powerful PC/Mac. Short-cuts can be made though using the flexibility of the parts used, but a low-resolution companion pack is also available.

So especially when it is difficult to move things around because the complete scene slows the viewport down it would be very helpful to load everything with one click.

Moving high poly models around manually in DS tends to be very, well, uncomfortable.
    Especially because there is no option to just drop items on top of each other like in a physics simulation. But thats another story as well.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Bought it!

edited December 1969

OK I got all the second floor loaded and mounted and changed all the textures for all the pieces manually (few that was a long slog). I was just having a last look around the complete two story building and I have discovered that on both the ground floor and the second floor, the doors are present but you cannot see the mas there appears to be a wall in front of all of them. The window shutters are fine however, they can be seen....help please

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited March 2013

Click on the wall in front of the door and that part should be highlighted in the Scene tab. Then on the Scene Tab on that highlighted wall, click on the "eye" icon in the column V to hide the wall.

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Click on the wall in front of the door and that part should be highlighted in the Scene tab. Then on the Scene Tab on that highlighted wall, click on the "eye" icon in the column V to hide the wall.

Thanks Lindsey - correct.. you can show/hide each wall panel to mix the look of the walls, to however you want them :)

edited March 2013

I must give you big kudos on this set, Jack. This is the first time I've spent so much effort in an environmental prop scene. I still want to tweak it some more, but I like how it's turning out so far...

PalteaWIP.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 344K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    I must give you big kudos on this set, Jack. This is the first time I've spent so much effort in an environmental prop scene. I still want to tweak it some more, but I like how it's turning out so far...

Looking good! :)

edited December 1969

Agreed.

The details in this sets are amazing. And I do appreciate the fact that it is possible to combine different sets and move things around.

Therefore a big thank you for the incredible work done with this set!

- - -

But I do expect a complete preload option for the whole scene to be included to recreate the layout of the promo images with just one button click.

In the promo text it states that

Please note, to use the fully loaded set I would recommend a you have a reasonably powerful PC/Mac. Short-cuts can be made though using the flexibility of the parts used, but a low-resolution companion pack is also available.

So especially when it is difficult to move things around because the complete scene slows the viewport down it would be very helpful to load everything with one click.

Moving high poly models around manually in DS tends to be very, well, uncomfortable.
    Especially because there is no option to just drop items on top of each other like in a physics simulation. But thats another story as well.

I'll have a look into adding in some more preloads then :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

Stunning Lindsey. Lighten up the shadows more and you have a fairly realistic image there.

Ok for all you folks that like to mess with the textures in Jack's and other products made in a similair ways check this out http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18081/

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Lindsey said:

Stunning Lindsey. Lighten up the shadows more and you have a fairly realistic image there.

Ok for all you folks that like to mess with the textures in Jack's and other products made in a similair ways check this out http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18081/

Thanks, Pete.. Yeah. lighting is the one thing I need to get a handle on it's nuts and bolts. I have a bunch of environmental light sets that I need to dig up and try and tweak.

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Szark said:
    Lindsey said:

Thanks, Pete.. Yeah. lighting is the one thing I need to get a handle on it's nuts and bolts. I have a bunch of environmental light sets that I need to dig up and try and tweak.

One trick is just render out a plain uberenvironement pass (set to ambient) and then comp the two layers together, adjusting to taste.