Which Genesis product do I need?

brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have the Genesis Start Essentials. In order to use Genesis characters and clothing, do I need to upgrade to something?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

There is a minimal amount included in the "starter essentials"
    If you want more content you can buy it from the DAZ store, other 3rd party vendors or you can build it yourself (requires more than rudimentary skills)

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Starter Essentials includes the base genesis figure and a few sample clothing items. You don't technically need anything else. Obviously, you'll probably want to collect other clothing items over time. Another thing that is very handy is the Evolution Morphs, which are to Genesis as Morphs++ was to Generation 4. The V5/M5 combo bundle might be something to consider (http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-michael-victoria-combo-bundle) as that contains the V5 and M5 add-on shapes and UV maps, plus all the evolution morphs and the male and female genitals.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Just wasn't sure how much the base Genesis I have can take. Previously, the base versions of V3 and V4 had to upgraded.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited March 2013

ropeman said:
    Thanks. Just wasn't sure how much the base Genesis I have can take. Previously, the base versions of V3 and V4 had to upgraded.

Genesis is like the clay. The morphs and such that you buy for it are what help you sculpt it into almost limitless possibilities. All morphs that you install are added to Genesis' dials, so no more injecting morphs. You load Genesis, and all of the morphs are their under its dials. And you can mix them all you want, although obviously some mixtures work better together than others. I find it especially great for making unique human characters, aliens, or monsters.

Post edited by TheWheelMan on
    edited December 1969

ropeman said:

Genesis is like the clay. The morphs and such that you buy for it are what help you sculpt it into almost limitless possibilities. All morphs that you install are added to Genesis' dials, so no more injecting morphs. You load Genesis, and all of the morphs are their under its dials. And you can mix them all you want, although obviously some mixtures work better together than others. I find it especially great for making unique human characters, aliens, or monsters.So, is this what want/need next??

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle

edited December 1969

That is good, yes. Or as mentioned previously, get the V5/M5 combo bundle since it includes all the evolution morphs plus the expressions and muscularity morphs in addition to the V5 and M5 shapes and UVs.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    That is good, yes. Or as mentioned previously, get the V5/M5 combo bundle since it includes all the evolution morphs plus the expressions and muscularity morphs in addition to the V5 and M5 shapes and UVs.
    This one?

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-michael-victoria-combo-bundle

edited December 1969
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited March 2013
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

depends on how much money you have. But are you really looking a gift horse in the mouth?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited March 2013

ropeman said:
    ropeman said:

Genesis is like the clay. The morphs and such that you buy for it are what help you sculpt it into almost limitless possibilities. All morphs that you install are added to Genesis' dials, so no more injecting morphs. You load Genesis, and all of the morphs are their under its dials. And you can mix them all you want, although obviously some mixtures work better together than others. I find it especially great for making unique human characters, aliens, or monsters.

So, is this what want/need next??

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle
    Instead of just getting the Genesis Evolution bundle, get the Genesis Starter Bundle. Not only does it come with the Evolution Morphs bundle includes, but it also adds the Troll shape for Genesis, Hampton Hair, and two clothing sets.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on