Puffy export to FBX, 3D Studio Max

WinthrodWinthrod Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm working on exporting a character from DAZ to 3D Studio Max using the FBX exporter. The problem I'm running into is some of the textures on the clothing come out extremely puffy when rendered in in Max. I would say it's a bump issue because looking at the model when imported into Max everything looks fine, just get the puffy textures when rendered.

I'm using a Genesis model, with GIS for Genesis Male and with the Dark Warriors textures. It's the bracers, belt and guards that are having the issue. I have pictures below, the non puffy one is rendered in DAZ and the puffy from Max. I'm sure there is just a setting somewhere that I need to adjust. I'm using the default FBX import in DAZ and the default Max FBX import.

For reference information, I'm on Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. Using Daz Studio Pro 4.5.1.56. Also I have 3D Studio Max Design 2013 with Product Update 6 and Service Pack 2.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for a fix, I would welcome them. :-)

urien-test-5A.png
800 x 600 - 410K
urien-test-5.png
618 x 800 - 265K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing that it's the scale armor displacement/bump setting. From the looks of it, I'd say that DS is using cm (a setting of 0.1 in DS means 1 mm) that Max is using a setting of meters...so a setting of 0.1 would be 10 cm).

The bump/displacement settings would be under the Surfaces tab/pane for the armor...best bet, turn them off or add at least another zero to the 'amount'...reducing it by a factor of 10.

• WinthrodWinthrod Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Well, believe it or not, but I was just able to get around to testing your solution to this (funny how life gets in the way of things). And you were spot on. Displacement was at 100 inside 3DSM. I moved it down to 2 and it looked great.

I appreciate your input! Thank you.