RRRR March Contest Winners Announced!

TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Come in come in! Let's vote!

Everyone can vote in the RRRR contest, even if you just looked or didn't have time to enter.

You vote by casting your votes here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N568HCG
1=First place / 5 = fifth place, you cast five votes in each category, Best and Funniest
You cannot vote for yourself and you can only vote more than once. Cheaters will be dressed either in "Pretty in Pink" or "Troll loin cloth" and hung in the ears and on times square.

Images to vote for is here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15307/

Let's vote folks!
Voting will start now and end Mars Saturday 9 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time.

Thanks to Bohemian3 for once again setting up the voting!

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited March 2013

Best Category Winners!

Winner: Luci45, #6 - Continuum Adjustment
    Second place: Warmblood, #1 - Diorama Day at Parkdale Elementary
    Third place: Totte, #7 - Cyborg hunter

Prizes:
    The winner gets: $10 GC plus a product of choice from ART collaborations plus additional $25 from the sponsors, plus a product of choice from BWC-Totte, PM will come.

The second place gets: $15 GC from the sponsors plus a product of choice from BWC-Totte, PM will come.

The third place gets: $10 GC from the sponsors (I ignore my own products, lol).

Winners will start getting PMs soon, it will take a while to sort the distribution out.

Two newcomer awards this go-round - both a study in parallelism in composition. $10 each to:

emsim #2: Deadly Fashionista
    Excellent use of parallelism in composition and color. Great sense of menace and intrigue. Well done!

ncamp: Grave Kitty
    Great eye-level perspective giving us a hint at the Kitty’s POV - I like the parallelism of the background graves and foreground characters - perhaps hinting that this is one serious, grave kitty you don’t want to be too friendly with if you value your life. Perhaps… Again, well done!

Post edited by Totte on
    edited March 2013

Funniest Category Winners!

Winner: barbult, #1 - Unicorn Ring Toss
    Second place: Warmblood, #1 - Diorama Day at Parkdale Elementary (Yes, second place in both categories with the same image, that is true skill)
    Third place: Totte, #1 - The Audition

Prizes:
    The winner gets: $10 GC plus a product of choice from ART collaborations plus additional $25 from the sponsors, plus a product of choice from BWC-Totte, PM will come.

The second place gets: $15 GC from the sponsors plus a product of choice from BWC-Totte, PM will come.

The third place gets: $10 GC from the sponsors (I ignore my own products, lol).

Winners will start getting PMs soon, it will take a while to sort the distribution out.

And a big thanks to bohemian3 for being setting up the voting and doing the tally.

Post edited by Totte on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

I voted!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Voted too!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 1969

Also voted!
    Another very tricky choice with lots of great candidates this time round - been pondering my long list for ages.
    Good luck everyone!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,062
    edited December 1969

I voted.. not sure I did it right ... my first time.. but I hope I did.. Let me know if I messed up... good luck to all the winners... I'm ready for MARCH... working on randomizing my list of items.. whew.. I have a LOT!!!

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Just voted, hard choices to make.

ncamp

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Voted

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,062
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Voted too!

Thought you were only allowed to vote once??? :PPPPP giggles

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

voted.... As always it was a tough choice... good luck everyone...

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Voted!

And MAN, was this one a tough call - especially since we only get five slots per category to spread around. (And there were a lot more than five per category that deserved to win!)

Good luck everybody, and we'll see you next round! (Soon, I hope! -hint, hint-)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Voted. :)

the diorama day was adorable.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

I finally voted - it took a while to narrow it down to just 5 per category. :) This was another great one!

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Voted :-)

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Almost missed it, but voted!

edited December 1969

OK Votes closed - counting in progress, stay tuned

edited December 1969

Winners announced!

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2013

Two newcomer awards this go-round - both a study in parallelism in composition. $10 each to:

emsim #2: Deadly Fashionista
    Excellent use of parallelism in composition and color. Great sense of menace and intrigue. Well done!

ncamp: Grave Kitty
    Great eye-level perspective giving us a hint at the Kitty's POV - I like the parallelism of the background graves and foreground characters - perhaps hinting that this is one serious, grave kitty you don't want to be too friendly with if you value your life. Perhaps... Again, well done!

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited March 2013

Congraulations to Luci45 and barbult - both very well deserved - and to Warmblood and Totte (twice each and also much deserved)!
    Thanks to Totte and sponsors for setting this up, great fun as always - looking forward to the next :)
    ETA: Oh, posted too quickly - congrats also to emsim and ncamp

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Great images - really RRRRish round :) Congratulations!!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

PM's sent to the two winners

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the winners... Well done....:-)

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! Excellent!!

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Congraulations to all the winners! :-)

And thank you for my GC. :)

ncamp

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the first place. I am honored. Congrats to barbult, Totte and Warmblood, also ncamp and emsim. Thanks to Totte, bohemian3 and other sponsors. It was a fun contest as always. :cheese:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Let me add my congratulations to the winners, too. It is an honor to be chosen to be among them. It was no surprise to see Luci45's Continuum Adjustment on the top of the "Best" list. I think that is the very best RRRR image I've ever seen. I was happy to award some of my sponsorship money to that one! There were lots of really good ones this time around. Are we all improving our skills by playing RRRR?

Welcome and congrats to the new members ncamp and emsim. Keep playing!

Way to go, Totte and Warmblood, placing in both categories!

RRRR is the most fun and most creative contest on the DAZ forums. Thank you Totte and bohemian3 for all the work you put into running this for us. Thanks sponsors for giving us an incentive to do our best work.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Luci45, barbult, warmblood, Totte and ncamp! And thank you bohemian3! This is such a fun contest and I've learned a lot by playing. :cheese: Thanks to Totte and bohemian3 for organizing and running it.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Congraulations to all the winners Great work :-)

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited March 2013

?...!!!! Speechless here. Let me compose myself a moment...whew. Okay. I had so much fun making Diorama days, and that so many of you got a kick out of it really means a lot to me. Thank you!

Luci45, I would have bet $1 Million your Continuum Adjustment would wind up in first, but couldn't find any takers. Really an awsome image. And barbult, yours was on the top of my list, too.

Totte (x2), emsim and ncamp, well deserved congrats to you all. I'm pleased to say I voted for your images, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have liked more than 5 votes per category. There were so many outstanding images. This is definitely my favorite contest to both participate in and browse through. It is brilliant how it sparks creativity

Post edited by warmblood on
    edited December 1969

Big congrats to Luci, Barbult, Warmblood , emsim & ncamp, and to everyone else, participants, helpers and sponsors alike who together turned my blurred vision of a fun content to something I could not have imagined in my wildest dreams.

I find this utterly amusing in every way, to participate and organize and I always get tons of help and support from you all whenever I ask for it to keep this running. Big thanks to Bohemian3 for handling the votes and for running you own private contest within the contest. I say the more the merrier and you have all shown me that the RRRR is here to stay.

Did you know that this months freebee contest has now borrowed the RRRR concept for this month, with is another sign that the idea is great. Thanks Jaderail for pointing that out, that was fun but difficult, more difficult than the RRRR as you could only use freebees as fillers ;-)

I've got some great ideas for the next one from different sources, I'm looking into how we should proceed with that.

Stay tuned, be creative and most of all, enjoy making great 3D art!