Problems rendering Battle Guardsman by Umblefugly and Bobbie25

Purchased the stunning 'Battle Guardsman' set from the store (at a reduced price, so I'm wondering if that's why it's having issues) and my renders are working fine until they get to the first bit of metal armor, then they make like a snail and crawl along even on a teeny tiny 'checking' render.
Is anyone else having this issue or know of a way to solve it?
I am desperate to use this set but I can't if each final render will take so much extra time.

battle-guardsman-large.jpg
350 x 455 - 50K

Comments

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

we will need some more information before we can help.

the first thing we need to know is what program are you rendering in.

the second question will then be what render setting do you have set up

and third what type of lights and shadows are you using in the scene

also what else is in the scene in case of reflections.

Just to note if you are using DAZ Studio I did some HSS setting for this outfit which I think look a bit better than what come with it which you can fin on this page http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/free_stuff.htm

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

(at a reduced price, so I'm wondering if that's why it's having issues)

No.

1) That's a pretty daft reason to put anything for sale, as it brings only hordes of unhappy customers
    2) The actual reason is because it is a part of Fast-Grab Sale :P

Check your light and shadow + material settings -- are you using, say, raytraced shadows, reflections etc? On some computers, that can slow things down quite a lot, especially if there's lots of other stuff that needs to be calculated. Check your render settings -- are you using progressive rendering? That, too, can cause slowdown...