Weird Email From DAZ

riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just got an email titled: "Serialnumbers required for Order #". The email reads:

Serial-numbers required

The following product requires additional serialnumbers:

Product - '' SKU - )

Remaining number of available serial-numbers is .

Contact [email protected] or 801.495.1777 with questions or support.

Has anyone else gotten this email? It doesn't specify what product it's referring to; I guess it's just another random glitch.

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

yeah i got about 20 or more of them pretty much all at once. oddly enough , not the first time that's happened.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited March 2013

Did you purchase one of the hair making products? They have serial keys ... and aside from an email, they should be in your account as well.

edit: although the remaining number of serial numbers is odd.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

I got the same emails but it doesn't say what products they are referring to and anything else. I haven't made any recent purchases either...

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Did you purchase one of the hair making products? They have serial keys ... and aside from an email, they should be in your account as well.

edit: although the remaining number of serial numbers is odd.

Yeah, I bought LAMH last week, the serial is in my account. This email sounds kind of like it's asking for a serial, which sounds suspicious. The inconsistent spelling of serialnumber vs serial-number (2 times each in the email) seemed odd, too. I've seen that kind of thing in a lot of spam I've recieved.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I got the same emails but it doesn't say what products they are referring to and anything else. I haven't made any recent purchases either...

A month or so ago I kept getting emails telling me my PC membership was ending, even though it wasn't. It turned out to be nothing; this is probably something similar. DAZ's servers probably just need an exorcism or something.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here you go, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16051/ Answer in post #13.

Cheers :)