V8 powerpose or new V8 Expressions, etc

davesodaveso Posts: 6,444

Powerpose for V8 allows for some pretty decent facial manipulations. Do you really need the expressions package? or is that package just a quick and easy click way to achieve the same thing you can do with powerpose?

Comments

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited June 2017

Well, I think it's a bit of both. The expressions provide sliders that you can use to quickly mix expressions from the provided set. That part can certainly also be achieved by using the new  PowerPose interface (You can also further modify them with PowerPose which is useful to make them asymmetric for example). Hower the expression morphs also add an HD component that adds small folds and creases which significantly add to realism in my view.

So, overall I find them well worth it.

Ciao

TD

EDIT: Here is a quick untextured example of the "Pain" expression. Most of the finer features, folds etc. are part of the HD morph and cannot be achieved with the PowerPose alone which only manipulates the facial bones.

Pain.png
    1392 x 1253 - 1M
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,444
    thd777 said:

Well, I think it's a bit of both. The expressions provide sliders that you can use to quickly mix expressions from the provided set. That part can certainly also be achieved by using the new  PowerPose interface (You can also further modify them with PowerPose which is useful to make them asymmetric for example). Hower the expression morphs also add an HD component that adds small folds and creases which significantly add to realism in my view.

So, overall I find them well worth it.

Ciao

TD

thank you. I've had them and the morph packs in my cart for a couple of days, wondering if I should buy them or not.