I Screwed Up These Files So Badly...

jgmartjgmart Posts: 18

Hi, 

Holy Cow! I messed up these files.  I've tried to change where the download manager would download and and install, because I didn't want my SSD drive filled with all this content, it's just for my program files. I was hoping to direct the Daz content files to my data drive.  I also went into Daz Studio and changed the Content Manager to the new locations, but when I double click items, they are not found. It's weird I can drag and drop some items content and it loads, but not everything.   I thought I start over again, but uninstalling Daz Studio and reinstalling kept the changes I made to the file locations.  I really need to start over, all clean and fresh. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, is there info somewhere on the proper way to change these download and install mappings, so everything still shows up in Smart Content and Content Manager?   I appreciate any help. 

Thanks!

John 

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited June 2017

Here is the Install Manager User Guide.
    Here is some official Install Manager documentation on setting up the download folder.
    Here is the Install Manager FAQ

Here is a forum thread on the subject

Post edited by barbult on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited June 2017

You need to change the location in DIM by adding a new path. You can't change the DIM location of where it stores all the information where the installers & installed files are located. Luckily those files aren't that big.

Then in DAZ Studio itslf in Preferences you again have to change the location of DAZ format content and Poser format content.

Then restart DAZ Studio.

DAZ 3D really out to write that procedure down with screen shots & sticky it in New Users, Commons, and DAZ Studio Discussions as it is constantly being asked and sticky it at the top of those forum sections. The they need to do a FAQ for similarly asked questions that come up quite often. I wrote one with screen shots the procedure once or twice in the forums but I have no ideal where those posts are...somewhere in the forums but if you try to search you will come up with a boat load of similar threads.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • jgmartjgmart Posts: 18

Thank you for the info and links! 

• You need to change the location in DIM by adding a new path. You can't change the DIM location of where it stores all the information where the installers & installed files are located. Luckily those files aren't that big.

You can change the Downloads folder in preferences. The folders for manifests and thumbnails can be changed by editing (for Windows) C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\InstallManager\UserAccounts\Account.ini - specifically the lines

OverrideManifestDir=
    OverrideThumbnailDir=

where you add the desired path after the =, using / as the fodler separator. On a Mac the .ini file would be a .plist file, and the location would I think be /Application Support instead of /AppData/Roaming.