Poor Freak is without private parts...

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited February 2013 in The Commons

Now the poor F5 does not have his own things together, I just notised. Spilling a tear for him I go along and use M5's :-/
But there's no material working well enough with him, no matter what I do he looks like some Ken doll with spare parts. (For sensitive souls I'm sparing you the ghastly sight)

Is there anything in the can for him or some recommendations for materials to use?

Otherwise I find him quite an improvement from the earlier F gens in that matter that he does look like a human on steroids instead of a parody of a human on steroids.

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Now the poor F5 does not have his own things together, I just notised. Spilling a tear for him I go along and use M5's :-/
    But there's no material working well enough with him, no matter what I do he looks like some Ken doll with spare parts. (For sensitive souls I'm sparing you the ghastly sight)

Is there anything in the can for him or some recommendations for materials to use?

Otherwise I find him quite an improvement from the earlier F gens in that matter that he does look like a human on steroids instead of a parody of a human on steroids.

You might have to create a custom texture based on F4's to get the right look. Probably it's own displacement map, too, while you're at it.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited February 2013

Herakleia said:

F5 seems to use mostly M5 UVs in the SkinHip area, or something close to it. Both Andrei and Derek ship with textures for the Genesis Male Genitalia figure that use the default M5 UV for the genitalia figure itself, and they seem to work just fine. The major differences between F5 and M5 UVs seem to occur in the chest and legs, where F5 is much much bigger than M5. Otherwise, it seems to match up pretty well.

I know you can't post images here, but can you describe what you're seeing in more detail? Do textures not match up somehow? Which textures/characters are you having issues with? Are you trying to put F4 textures on F5?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:

If you need textures, both Andrei (http://www.daz3d.com/andrei-for-freak-5) and Giantology (http://www.daz3d.com/giantology) have textures for the male gens, and both products are meant to be used with Freak 5. As far as the 'steroids' issue, I've had the same problem with Mr. Hyde; the hip region scales up to match the figure, but the actual toast doesn't. Just select the parts that aren't big enough, go to the parameters tab, and scale them up to your heart's content. I can't post renders here, but it works really well.