Can we get a list of products not yet in the DIM system?

Is there any way we can get a list of products that haven't been converted over yet? I am trying to convert my setup over to DIM only, at least as far as DAZ in concerned, and delete my old installers as DIM finds the product.

So I have a directory of old installers with the products not installed. As they show up in my "ready to download," I delete the old installer thus keeping a list of my products that DIM doesn't recognize. Sometimes there are anomalies, but I have no easy way of knowing if that is an unconverted product or a problem with my account or a product that is never going to be supported ever for some odd reason.

Recently, I was getting V3 accessories and even V2 products, but V3 didn't show up. Thankfully, this was resolved. Now I am having similar issues with the Millennium Horse. I get the mane expansion pack, Mil horse LE, but not Mil Horse.

If there were some master list where I could search and say "ah, this one isn't done yet," I wouldn't have to bother with nagging about it. If it HAS been converted, but doesn't show in my account, that is an account problem, not a DIM problem.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

I don't believe there is a list, and I suspect generating one and keeping it current would take people away from the conversion process.

• v3rlon_7354dd516ev3rlon_7354dd516e Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

You could easily create a dynamic page where we could at least check.

I would guess your people are working off a list of products to convert so that there is no duplication of effort.

Drop that list into a DB and then let people type in a product name and see if there is a match.

SELECT (User_Input) FROM Master_List.

The user types in the product, or product ID (might be easier), and the page checks for a match. If there is, it is still in the queue.

The web page itself takes no additional maintenance. Whenever someone completes an entry, delete it from the DB. You could use the SAME DB to keep track of unprocessed files as you do for customers to check so no maintenance is required at all. The web page is a temporary deal, so it doesn't need a ton of bells and whistles.

Of course, if you guys are working off a giant yellow legal pad, that wouldn't work. It would be cause for concern about workflow though :)

Failing that, you could say we are 49% done and expect to have everything converted by the end of March (or whenever you expect to be done).

I would think with the vast number of products offered by DAZ, it would already be in a DB and a minimal amount of PHP would get a dynamic page up that we would consider valuable.