Can't find Victoria 5

graefgraef Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have download DAZ Studio Pro 4.5. now i bought Victoria 5 and installed it with the new Install Manager. But where can i now find Victoria???

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

She should be listed under figures. If not, try re-importing her Metadata by right clicking the Smart Content pane and opening Content DB Maintenance. One of the options in the dialog box that follows is for reimporting.

• graefgraef Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

But there isn't Victoria in the List...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

graef said:
    I have download DAZ Studio Pro 4.5. now i bought Victoria 5 and installed it with the new Install Manager. But where can i now find Victoria???

Victoria 5 is a morph of Genesis, do you have the Genesis Starter Essentials file installed as well?

If so, then look in the Content Library under DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis > Characters, and you should find an icon there to load it.

In Smart Content (with Genesis selected) it should appear in Default > Figures > Female. There is also a slider in the Parameters pane under Actor > Female > Real World, to make Genesis into the V5 shape, but you don;t need to use that if you load it through one of the other options I have given you.

edited December 1969

Yes, i have installed Genesis Starter Essentials, but Victoria isn't in the Content Library or in the Smart Content....

edited December 1969

You installed V5 using the new DIM (DAZ Install Manager), did you also install Genesis Starter Essentials that way too?

The DIM, by default, installs content into the new 'My DAZ 3D Library' folder, so, if you have Genesis installed into the previous 'My Library' folder, your content wont be installed correctly. Where did you instatll V5 to?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited February 2013

Smart Content Pane V5 is under People > Real World
    In the Content Library Pane it is under Daz Studio Formats > My Library/My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis > Characters > Victoria 5

Post edited by Szark on
    edited February 2013

Thanks to all for help, now it works...The files have been installed twice. So I delete evering and reinstall all files, now I can see victoria in the content...but if I open her there is the message:

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. the content may not works as expected. The following files could not be found:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/FBMVictoria5.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

how can i change the path?

Post edited by graef on
    edited December 1969

You are not finished yet I' afraid.

What the file you are loading is looking for is the 'data' folder whcih holds the DSF files for V5. You must have Genesis and V5 installed into two different locations I think. Do you have content in the My Library folder in "C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library", but the new location that the DIM uses is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library.

Do you have content in both of these folders? If so, you will need to include the paths to them both in the Content Directory Manager by going to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and entering the path in BOTH DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats.

• HimmelelchenHimmelelchen Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

ich habe gegrübelt und mich schon total geärgert. hatte dieses problem auch. herzlichen dank. das hat mir geholfen. nun findet daz die dsf dateien.
    thank you, jimmy

Post edited by Himmelelchen on
    edited December 1969

ich habe gegrübelt und mich schon total geärgert. hatte dieses problem auch. herzlichen dank. das hat mir geholfen. nun findet daz die dsf dateien.
    thank you, jimmy

Ich bin sehr froh, dem ich war, zu helfen.:-)

Beste Wünsche