Iclone like hook up w/connect

Hello all!!

As of yet I haven't started animating with Daz. Largely because I haven't the time to learn it atm due to being overwhelmed doing commissions rendering.

BUT..at some point I'd love to put my ladies in motion..

Here's where the suggestion comes in:

Last year I bought Iclone6 because it "somehow" allows It's figures to follow your actions using an Xbox connect!! 

This was a seller for me but as Iclone operates nothing like Daz...well let's just say it's collecting dust on my hard drive like my connect IRL..

Why has this kind of marraige not happened yet for Daz??

Later and GL!!

Comments

• AlfawulfAlfawulf Posts: 174

REALLY!?!?

So no one wants easy/time saving animation...??

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

It seems to me that DAZ really wants users to do everything within their product with the assets that are designed and sold to work in their product which is their right. If DAZ really wanted this to be it would be a valid option instead of an afterthought..Iclone used to be sold here back when genesis 1 was released, but I guess the marriage didn't go well since I don't see it in the store any longer.

• AlfawulfAlfawulf Posts: 174

It seems to me that DAZ really wants users to do everything within their product with the assets that are designed and sold to work in their product which is their right. If DAZ really wanted this to be it would be a valid option instead of an afterthought..Iclone used to be sold here back when genesis 1 was released, but I guess the marriage didn't go well since I don't see it in the store any longer.

Perhaps as customers we should draw their attention back to it.

Or for that matter, why can't they update their models to move with motion technology??

Even better...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I had lost interest in iClone. I have iClone 5 given last spring year as freebie but iClone 7 looks impressively improved. Wonder how Unity is going to improve to try and out-simplify iClone? I don't know nor does anyone in the forums that I've seen, that DAZ 3D has any plans or interest in iClone type capabilities. However, it is DAZ models that are mostly being using in iClone.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

One must understand that the 
    bulk of the Daz's income is from selling content
    to the still render majority.

Animation is an after thought at best.
    look at the last two figure releases (G3/G8)
    incompatible with BVH import & the aniMate nonlinear
    motion system due to new twist bones added for no
    'logical reason beyond "other people do it this way"indecision

serious animators are animating Iclone or motion builder
    and rendering finals elsewhere.

• I believe mCasual has just the thing for this; check in the freebies section for his post.