Quicktime movie output for animations

FlyGuyFlyGuy Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello,

I would like to output my animation as a quicktime movie, but the only movie option is AVI. I remember that I used to be able to output Quicktime for an animation. Is it not available any more?

I am running Win 7 and Carrara 8 Pro.

Mike

Comments

• edited December 1969

While I am MAC. Are you talking about Quicktime or Quicktime PRO! Huge difference. AS far as I know QT PRO will export ad save in a large amount of different compressions.

I think QT Pro is the best $30 anyone can spend

• FlyGuyFlyGuy Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I remember Carrara being able to write or output an animation as a MOV or QT files. In other words a Quick Time file even on a Windows computer. The Quick Time file option is gone from the list of formats to save an animation in the Output tab of the Render room.

Any ideas?

Mike

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI mdelaflor :)

Quicktime export is only available in 32bit .

So,. Carrara 64bit,. doesn't have that export option

You can have both the 64bit and 32 bit versions installed, so you could use the 32bit to export to quicktime,..but it's probably faster to render as a sequenced image format from the 64bit, and then,.. if yoo have Quicktime pro, .. you can load in the image sequence, and export to Quicktime .mov

hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

Thanks alot that really helped. I will render out to TIFF.

I have another question. When rendering the program quits at the same spot. No matter what I do. I have tried everything and it just quits at exactly 72.4% of the animation. I am ready to ditch teh 64 bit version and go back to the 32 bit version

Mike

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Mike, when that's happened to me in 64-bit, it's because I forgot to name the file being rendered before rendering. In 32-bit it's been that and/or a scene too big for my system.

edited December 1969

HIi Mike :)

As Kevin mentioned,. 32 bit has limits on memory,. Max 3GB. . 64 doesn't.

Name the files sequence. otherwise they're stored in Temp,.

Also,...
    TIFF can be a Big, BIG, file size,. if you use PNG, you'll get the same high image quality, and alpha channel,. but at a much much smaller size.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the help. I got it to work.

Cheers,

Mike

edited December 1969

No problem Mike

glad to help :)