ATTEN-HUT! The Lord General sale price is back! [Commercial]

ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
edited March 2013 in The Commons

FALL IN!

Alright, men (and women), the Lord General is on his way here to conduct an inspection, so get yourselves collected!

YOU! STOP SMIRKING, AND WIPE THAT LEFT BOOT!

You HAVE to be ready for the Lord General!

popup03.jpg
750 x 975 - 306K
Post edited by Valandar on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I like the boots, they have a bit of style. I do like SciFi, ever since Aiko 3. Is this for Genesis, and coming sooon?

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

I like the boots, they have a bit of style. I do like SciFi, ever since Aiko 3. Is this for Genesis, and coming sooon?

It is for Genesis, and is... coming. :D

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

I thought there would be a picture of a hut in here ...

edited December 1969

Nope. But there might be one outside the hall in that picture, you never know.

edited December 1969
  • natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome outfit, but I have never seen actual chain mail pants, and knowing how heavy that stuff is, he must have some killer suspenders ;)

I have a chain mail shirt, that I made myself many years ago. One ring weighs approx. 1 gram and the whole shirt weighs 18 kilograms. You don't feel it much when you wear it though.

edited December 1969

Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome outfit, but I have never seen actual chain mail pants, and knowing how heavy that stuff is, he must have some killer suspenders ;)

I have a chain mail shirt, that I made myself many years ago. One ring weighs approx. 1 gram and the whole shirt weighs 18 kilograms. You don't feel it much when you wear it though.

They existed, and were called Chausses. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chausses

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:

They existed, and were called Chausses. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chausses

I stand corrected :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I like your promos, esp the one with the plastic green and red soldiers. Made me laugh and remember when I had those little toys!

edited December 1969

Would you believe that sort of thing was actually used by Napoleonic generals to plan out battles, and to keep up to date with troop movements?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW.. had no idea that those little soldiers went back that far. That's some cool info!

edited December 1969

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_soldier

" Miniature soldiers were also used in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries by military strategists to plan battle tactics by using the figures to show the locations of real soldiers."

Yeah, they're old. :D

• nefersetneferset Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Weren't they painted lead sometimes and about the size of rpg pewter? I swear I've seen some, but a long time ago. And, cool armor. You got the chausses spot on. How they would hang and all that.

Oh, hey, first post. And to think I was nearing 10,000 once.

• darkgardarkgar Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hey looks cool! #mustbuy

Valandar is a god modeller among men modellers.

edited December 1969

Heh, first time I've seen a hashtag in the forums. :D

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

This is awesome, but is there any chance of it being updated to make it Dson Poser compatable?? I'd buy it in a heartbeat :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Bought and used, really good stuff, as always from this source ;-)

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    This is awesome, but is there any chance of it being updated to make it Dson Poser compatable?? I'd buy it in a heartbeat :)

Unfortunately, I don't have Poser 9+, so I can't test any DSON files. Thus, i don't include them, rather include halfa**ed ones.

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:

If you have DS 4.5, you can do the DSON export yourself.

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    tonymouse said:

Have you done such a conversion yourself??

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    Totte said:
    tonymouse said:

Have you done such a conversion yourself??

Yes, I did some, there is a many entry under the small content menu (Create Poser Companion files)

edited March 2013

Just as an FYI, the Lord General's intro sale has been RESTARTED!

It wasn't supposed to catapult back to full price, but instead remain at 30% off for the remainder of the standard two weeks - that it did so was a glitch.

http://www.daz3d.com/lord-general-for-genesis

Post edited by Valandar on
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

Loving this set Val!!! I really love all the details you put in. And the lion is a really nice touch ;)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Glad to see it has been restored!!

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Glad to see it has been restored!!

Tell me about it. :D

edited December 1969

And don't forget to "ketchup" while you can, if you missed it before!

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I missed it totally by accident the first time around but I grabbed it when it came back. It's such an amazing outfit!

edited December 1969

I missed it totally by accident the first time around but I grabbed it when it came back. It's such an amazing outfit!

Thank you!