Hexagon Start up Crash

JparsleyJparsley Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Alright, so everything was working just fine for months but all the sudden the thing crashes on start up, and i'm not getting an error report back what so ever.

Have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, rinsed and repeated with no such luck. Any thoughts on what might be causing Hexagon to not start for me?

Comments

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

• JparsleyJparsley Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Its not getting past the splash screen.

Just tries to start the fails, comes back with no error report or anything that I can see.

Have tried altering video card settings even uninstalled reinstalled drivers thinking maybe it was a issue there but nothing.

edited December 1969

What version of Hex are you using? Have you installed anything new since your last successful use of Hexagon? Did you try to reinstall Hexagon yet?

edited December 1969

Most recent version, even downloaded it again just thinking maybe the first was corrupt. Have uninstalled and reinstalled more than once with no luck. Really has me baffled to be honest.

2.5.1.7.9 is the version I think.

Just shows the start up splash then comes up and says Hexagon has stopped working.

edited December 1969

Hmm, something is killing it for sure. I had a problem once with an old version of Carrara and the culprit was some video codecs that I had installed and I didn't think there was any connection. So it could be something you've done recently to your pc that you think shouldn't matter to Hex. If you're using a pc do you have a restore point to go back to to see if that makes a difference? Did you do a virus check? or maybe your antivirus software is somehow blocking it?

edited December 1969

Checked antivirus all's good there, firewalls good (not that i'm sure why it'd need to connect to the net other than updates perhaps).

Updated Attempts: Cleaned up all registry files connected to Daz Studio before reinstall, Nothing changed, still crashing at splash. So what ever appears to be stopping it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the program itself. Now whats odd is I did the same to my Video card software thinking maybe something glitched there but still nothing. Also note, all other programs on the PC are running fine, its just Hexagon that appears to be broken no matters what I do to it.

edited December 1969

I'm going to move this to the Hexagon forum where someone with more experience than me may be able to help you.

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 516
    edited December 1969

Probably corrupted preference file. You will need to manually delete the files. (un-installing Hexagon does not remove the preferences file)

What version of windows are you using?

On Win7:-

you will first need to "show hidden files and folders" (you will find that option in "Control panel-> Appearance and personalization -> Folder options-> show hidden files and folders"
    Go to:- users-> [your name] -> AppData-> Roaming-> DAZ 3D-> Hexagon 2" and delete files:- preferences.xml and preferences_save.xml

edited December 1969

So have posted once before in one of the other forums thought maybe i'd give it a go here.

The issue; Upon startup it will not get past the splash screen. Crashes there everytime.

My attempts to fix:

Uninstall reinstall = same result
    Uninstall reinstall video software and hardware = same result
    Uninstall + run registry cleaner + registry defrag + reinstall = same result

And I'm a bit out of idea's now. Anyone have any other thoughts as to what might fix the issue?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

New thread merged with the original - if you want the thread moved to another forum please ask the forum team to move it, don't post again so that people replying have to go over the ground covered in the first thread again.