DAZ Studio GoZ, is it possible to tweak existing morphs?

agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
edited February 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a way to use the DAZ Studio bridge to ZBrush in order to tweak existing morphs rather than create new ones, or will this require a Morph Loader intermediate step? I know how to overwrite morphs with the versions I want, I just want to know if there's a quicker way. For adjusting morphs that have rigging changes especially this would be nice.

EDIT: Hmm, the original morph could be overwritten, I suppose. Will that mess with rigging and morphs that are linked together?

Post edited by agent unawares on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

it will affect rigging if there's any form of scaling involved. Tweaking morphs is possible, however. I would keep the old ones and simply give the new one a new name... such as whatevermorphAU (AU for Agent_Unawares). I'm pretty sure no morph will load in a character preset or scene file unless they have a value other than zero.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,440
    edited December 1969

When you come back from ZBrush you will get a dialogue pretty much the same as for Morph Loader pro - you need to make sure you enter the internal name, not the label, of the morph you are updating and for Overwrite existing choose Deltas only (you probably don't want to break any existing ERC).

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Okay, I'll try that.