How to smooth clothes

One of the biggest challenges for me in Carrara is trying to get clothes that are smooth enough. Any wrinkles whatsoever just really kill it for me. 

In lieu of creating every single piece of clothing myself -- any ideas how to smooth clothes so that they're basically identical to the smoothness of a base figure? 

Thanks

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

I think most "products" are built to reflect realism,. unless it's a special thing.

It can be pretty easy to create clothing in carrara,. since you can work on a vertex model,. directly in the Assembly room,. so you can model the item around the figure, like a tailors model.

Depending on the "actor" you're working with,. you could export that item to Daz studio,. (to make it conforming clothing)  use the transfer utility to fit it to Genesis / Gen2,. then save it as a figure / prop,.  or follower.

Depending on what you're doing,. You could make a shirt and pants to fit your figure,. then create different morphs,. or use shaders,. to alter the look of that "base" shirt and pants.

so you don't neccessarilly need to make a set of clothing for each figure,. even if that was the case,. then the first set of basic clothing (you create) can be duplicated and edited to create a new item.

If you're modeling the figure in Carrara,. then it's probably easiest to model the clothing as part of that figure,. again,. using either morphing or different shaders/texture to create different looks for each figure.

if you model a Skirt,,. you could make it full length,. but create different shading domains,. (which can be made transparent in the shaders.) to create a  full length,. medium length,. and short skirt,.

all from the same model.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

I think most clothing now have their folds and creases so may be hard unless you can get some old V3 M3 stuff...

other than that retextured bodysuits may be an option for you or retextured skins.

other than the other than making your own is the way to go as 3Dage mentions.. smiley

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Doh,. I completely forgot bodysuits,. and just remembered "second skin"  just retexture the figures skin with what looks like material. there should still be some second skin items in the store for V3 V2 and older models,