Autofit bug?

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
edited June 2017 in The Commons

There seem to be a bug in DS 4.9.4.117 that affects autofit. If I apply the Anime School Girl Uniform  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/14280 - to G8F, it works fine at first, everything seems normal and I can render the scene and everything. But as soon as I save the scene and then load it again later, the Vest explodes when DS tries to fit it to the figure (progress bar active). I have reproduced the problem several times with different scenes so it seems to be consistent. Can anyone else reproduce this?

ds_autofit_bug.jpg
575 x 757 - 38K
Post edited by Taoz on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Have you tried saving it as a wearables preset first?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

This happens occasionally I have found if you turn off smoothing for the buggy item it goes away.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    fastbike1 said:

Have you tried saving it as a wearables preset first?

No. You mean save the vest as a preset, remove it from the scene and then load it whenever I load the scene?

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Also, try changing smoothing to generic.

This happens occasionally I have found if you turn off smoothing for the buggy item it goes away.

That fixed it. And it seems to stick when you save the scene. Thanks!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

I've had autofit causing Studio to crash when autofitting to G8F. It happened twice in a row with the same dress but worked OK for a different outfit. I'm going to investigate further and maybe put in a support ticket if I can pin down what triggers the problem.

Toonces said:

Also, try changing smoothing to generic.

Yes, that seems to work too. Thanks!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839

I have found a few outfits do not auto follow autofitting to Genesis 8

seems to happen randomly across vendors but consistently the same items for  example the little ones asian dress but the other wardrobe items work.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581
    edited June 2017

...still seems to still suffer from the bothersome "V Divot" in the centre of the skirt as well that seems to occur when fitting older Genesis generation dresses to the newest figure.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2017
    kyoto kid said:

...still seems to still suffer from the bothersome "V Divot" in the centre of the skirt as well that seems to occur when fitting older Genesis generation dresses to the newest figure.

I hadn't really noticed that before I removed the textures, but you can actually fix most of it by setting smoothing to "Generic". The textured samples are G8F (left) and G1F (which the dress is made for).

skirt_distortion.jpg
    700 x 803 - 189K
    g8_g1_dress_samples.jpg
    800 x 315 - 32K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited June 2017

Hm, there's something strange going on here - I just tried to delete the dress from G8 and reapply it, and that removed the distortion completely - and that's without setting Smoothing to "Generic". But after saving and reopening the scene, it's back again.

skirt_distortion_2.jpg
    700 x 1043 - 257K
    Post edited by Taoz on