Film Noir

pammartin52pammartin52 Posts: 10
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi,

I've been hanging around for a while and hobbying with Daz on and off. My interest is mostly with film noir style images, so would love to see what people have. Here's one of mine to get started, created in Daz, rendered in Lux via Realty, with a little postwork in Photoshop....

office.jpg
565 x 800 - 152K

Comments

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Simple yet striking, like it!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Oohh one of my favorite subjects.

I have been working on a series of renders on another site experimenting with different ideas on the subject.

Here was the first one i had done.

A_dangerous_angel_jpg.jpg
    1800 x 1761 - 788K
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I love film noir.

I'm still trying to get really good Carrara images in Black & White.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

I've been trying for a noir type look myself. Here's a couple I tried (I went for just black and white rather than greyscale for a more comic book look):

office_blackwhite2.jpg
    1472 x 930 - 167K
    office_blackwhite1.jpg
    1470 x 930 - 130K
  • ron2najiron2naji Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

PamMartin said:
    Hi,

I've been hanging around for a while and hobbying with Daz on and off. My interest is mostly with film noir style images, so would love to see what people have. Here's one of mine to get started, created in Daz, rendered in Lux via Realty, with a little postwork in Photoshop....

It's really very beautiful Pam. I liked it after having a look at all the other shares. Keep sharing more.

• MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

I love the film noir style... all those dark moody images lit just perfectly to show only the critical elements of the scene.

I don't specifically do a lot of scenes in this style and I should really do more... but here are a couple of portraits that I think are not just B&W renders as they have that film noir feel with their lighting and their overall effect.

Portrait02-s.jpg
    1500 x 1999 - 241K
    Hmm-s.jpg
    1414 x 1999 - 159K
  • Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

I think this is as close to noir as I've come so far. He's Tak Loufer (Red Wolf) a character from the Samuel R. Delany novel, "DHALGREN". I've been creating scenes and characters from the book for practice.

I created the street, clothes and smoke in Hexagon and the model is M4 with morphs, rendered in DAZ, Studio.

t71a.jpg
    1262 x 877 - 85K
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

When I think of film noir, I think of hard-boiled men, sultry women, and lots of cigarette smoke.