Accidentally built at later point on timeline

If you change all the shaders, morphs, etc later on the timeline, is there a way to make those later frames the first frame? I tried just deleting the first frames (doesn't work), I tried laying the later frames on top of the first frames (doesn't work), I even tried taking the later frames, moving the earlier frames forward and putting the later frames on the first frame and *then* deleting the (former) first frames, still doesn't work. 

Is there any way to make later frames the first frames? 

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Happens a lot (to me anyhow).

First, reset the timeline (click the |< button or drag the cursor to the beginning).
    Select the earlier frames and delete them
    Now drag the final frames back to the beginning.

If your scene is big and/or it went a while before noticing, there could be a lot of keys to fix, but just work through them. Don't forget to open and check all the parent/child hierarchies, as changing the timeline on the parent won't change it for the children.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591

First, reset the timeline (click the |< button or drag the cursor to the beginning).

If your scene is big and/or it went a while before noticing, there could be a lot of keys to fix, but just work through them. Don't forget to open and check all the parent/child hierarchies, as changing the timeline on the parent won't change it for the children.

Yeah, it's weird -- I tried that. If I delete the first frames, my charcter turns into a big pile of mushy weirdness. See picture. 

Looking at the keyframes, it's like the later keyframes have *some* information, but not as much as do those first frames. 

CRIMSON-MANGLED.jpg
    911 x 768 - 146K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

you cannot delete the first frame of a rigged figure's bone heirarchy

use animation memorise and restore instead 

other things you can delete the first frame but often need to expand them to find stuff

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I bow to Wendy's knowlege - I very rarely do stuff with rigged figures in Carrara.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    BC Rice said:

Yeah, it's weird -- I tried that. If I delete the first frames, my charcter turns into a big pile of mushy weirdness. See picture. 

Looking at the keyframes, it's like the later keyframes have *some* information, but not as much as do those first frames. 

I've gotten that before too. Wendy is probably right about the cause, but two things you can try that I've done to fix the "mushy weirdness:" 1- try setting the hotpoint to the object - sometimes it mysteriously jumps around on me and makes rigged figures go all weird and setting it back to the object sometimes fixes it, and 2- try unattaching and then reattaching the skeleton - that has fixed the mushy mesh issue for me in the past.

• pnewhookpnewhook Posts: 70

I've accidentally done this many times.  In the timeline, don't forget to scroll down to the objects section and drag the keyfram from when you created the object back to the zero point. That should fix all the weirdness.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I make only animation and I often start a sequence somewhere in the timeline.
    If the scene is simple, I bring back my keyframes to image zero, if not, it"s much easier to place the  left cursor/delimitor on this image and to make render starting from this point, no matter if it is an animation or a still image…