Weird render result.

WOW! How's this for a disaster. This started as a perfect picture of a Little Soldier saluting, standing in front of the guard-post. This (see attached) is what it looked like after rendering. I have obviously done something wrong, would someone please tell me what. How can I correct this in future.

Thank you

Page 1.jpg
1085 x 830 - 647K

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

Did you leave the camera light switched on?

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Hi Fishtales. Thanks for the comment. I am such a DAZ newbie that I am not aware that I had the camera light switched on, however, when I was looking for my skies and you suggested earlier Panes - Environment etc I did click a few buttons and arrows to see what they were all about. I seem to recall a DDM containing Iray - 3Delight and something else. I clicked on Iray...........would that have caused my problem?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I can't remember with 3DL but with Iray, the cameras all have headlamps. Select your camera and go to it's properties, find the headlamp setting and turn it off. There will be a difference in the looks of the render between Iray and 3DL

• harrykimharrykim Posts: 225

WOW! How's this for a disaster. This started as a perfect picture of a Little Soldier saluting, standing in front of the guard-post. This (see attached) is what it looked like after rendering. I have obviously done something wrong, would someone please tell me what. How can I correct this in future.

Thank you

sidenote: Some would "die" for knowing how to achieve that look of water surface. Save how you did it for later purposes. 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Oh yeah as far as the floor, you can either change the material setting from plastic to matte to remove the reflection, or turn down the glossy reflectivity of it.

• I can't remember with 3DL but with Iray, the cameras all have headlamps. Select your camera and go to it's properties, find the headlamp setting and turn it off. There will be a difference in the looks of the render between Iray and 3DL

You can switch the headlamp off globally in the General group of Render Settings

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Hi Everyone. Thank you all for responding to my post. HarryKim suggeted I try to remember how I got the wet floor effect in my picture of the Little Soldier. Unfortunately, because I am such an amateur with DAZ I'm not really sure. I had purchased Ultimate Skies Backgrounds but had been unable to access them through DAZ. Fishtales suggested I go to Windows - Panes - Environment etc. It was whilst doing this I believe I inadvertantly changed my settings from 3Delight to Iray and maybe this was haw the wet floor came about. I will be experimenting with it later and will post further if I can achieve the same result.

Have a great day everyone.