How do I...?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi guys,

I was quite interested in trying out the Multi Layered Image Editor to add tattoo's and such to figures, but I see that it only works with Daz3 and earlier. The description says it is "not necessary" with Daz 4.x.

What does "not necessary" mean? Can I natively add image layers in Daz 4.5? How?

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

LIE is included as part of studio 4+ if I recall correctly.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, LIE is included with DS4. To use it, go to the Surfaces tab and select the material zone you wish to modify. Under Diffuse to the left of the color bar is a small square image showing the texture map. Right-click on it and you'll get a menu -- LIE is one of the options.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, LIE is included with DS4. To use it, go to the Surfaces tab and select the material zone you wish to modify. Under Diffuse to the left of the color bar is a small square image showing the texture map. Right-click on it and you'll get a menu -- LIE is one of the options.

Its not just for the diffuse channel either. The Rag-Erator uses the LIE in the opacity channel to create rips and worn spots.

• csteell_c2893e4ab6csteell_c2893e4ab6 Posts: 460
    edited December 1969

Can you tell a dummy where the surfaces tab is? Cheers

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

if surface tab not opend yet, you may need open tab (topmenu>window>panes(surface tab)

1 select the surfaces by Surface selection too, then click surface tab.

2 toggle to edit mode, the group which you selected , colored high light,
    there is many properties of the matrerial shader.

3 click the sqare button,left side of property
    where you want to add image which made by LIE,(diffuse speculor, opaccity bump etc)
    select Layerd Image Editor.

LIE.JPG
    772 x 556 - 91K
  • witch fanwitch fan Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I'm new to this, but I want to know: How do I move my character to someplace else? This is especially jarring when I load up a prop and the character fazes right through it.
    T_T

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited March 2013

witch fan said:
    I'm new to this, but I want to know: How do I move my character to someplace else? This is especially jarring when I load up a prop and the character fazes right through it.
    T_T

Two ways. You can either use the universal tool to move your character to the correct location or hold the ALT key and drag a new character from the smart content or content library pane. Doing the latter will give you a target at the mouse cursor where the figure will be added.
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

Sorry, it's me again. I just wanted to know: How do I close the eyes or open the mouth? Can someone please help?

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Click on Parameters and then on Pose controls. A list of all the Poses such as; Open Mouth, Open Eyes and so on will appear to the right. Just use the sliders or enter a number to control the amount you want to use.;-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

spmwc said:
    Click on Parameters and then on Pose controls. A list of all the Poses such as; Open Mouth, Open Eyes and so on will appear to the right. Just use the sliders or enter a number to control the amount you want to use.;-)
    You must select the Genesis HEAD before you can get the face morphs to show in the Parameters or the Shaping Tabs.
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I forgot to mention you will have to highlight the item you want to Pose first, such as; if you have Genesis in your window, highlight the figure and then the body part. If you want to open the mouth or close the eyes, highlight the head of Genesis and then Click on Parameters/Pose Controls.;-)

edited December 1969

spmwc said:

Thank you!
    ^-^

edited December 1969

Thanx Jaderail for covering my lapse!!!

edited December 1969

you're welcome Witch Fan, and enjoy!!!!;-)