issue applying textures/skins/designs

khryss666khryss666 Posts: 33
edited June 2017 in New Users

(this might not be in correct place, if not im sorry)

ive been fiddling with daz 4.9 for some time now and finally got things to load into scene properly but, the problem im having is woth the tube socks for G3 F

the blank socks load fine but the designs (which show up fine in the pane on the left) will not apply at all, it throws no errors and acts like it is applying but nothing changes

any help would be appricated

thanks

Post edited by khryss666 on

Comments

• You need to apply the pattern your want (knitted hearts here), the base colour (Blue here) and the blend colour (orange), then you need to render to show the result (a very quick render, not fully converged).

Tube socks.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 439K
  • khryss666khryss666 Posts: 33
    edited June 2017

Richard, so if i understand you correctly certian things wont show up untill after render ... not in positioning mode?

dont seem to work ... i edited the 2 colors you said and nothing changed so i rendered and still blank

• That's right, if you use Texture Shaded prview; if you use the nVidia Iray mode (which I tend to forget as my system isn't erally up to the task) then you should see most effects (after a slight pause).

edited June 2017

no matter what i change or what i do nothing changes ... it all acts like it does, and dosent show any errors but just dont show up

and what or where is "texture shaded preview" .. .since i cant find it anywhere

• Click the sphere icon at top-right, just to the left of the camera/view picker button, to see adn change preview modes.

Exactly which presets are you applying to the socks?

edited June 2017

ok i got the texture shaded preview ... anything in design, colors, colors nylon, under 3delight or iray ... npne of those work ... but like i said they seem to load but no changes are shown

in the order of Character under genesis 3

then "tube socks" in the tube socks folder and they show up fine

then no matter what i pick out the materials folder nothing actually shows

• Did you try the sequence from my post above? And render - Texture Shaded is the one that won't show the pattern.

yes in iray it takes a min to catch up all is there exept the sock pattern still just white

i appriciate all the help so far .... any other ideas? .. like do the "tube socks" require some other thing to be installed like EVERYTHING else in daz ...

ok so i figured out that this issue only happens when i apply them to any character ... if i just put socks in scene without character "most" ov the materials work but i cant find the "base" color and "blend" color at all and then when i put a character in they are no longer fit to it ....

• If you look in the materials you should see Tube Socks Colour Base, Tube Socks Colour Blend, Tube Socks Colour Heels, Tube Socks Colour Lower Ribbon, Tube Socks Colour Toes, Tube Socks Colour Upper Ribbon - you want a Base and a Blend (different colours) to see the pattern.

got it,  thank you for helping Richard