How to remove duplicates ?

BeemBeem Posts: 95
edited June 2017 in New Users

How do I remove duplicates ? I have lots of duplicates and what i show here is just one of them - Basic Hair.
I have clicked on Basic Hair and Delete. - image 1
Next time I open Basic Hair there is an image that I can click to install again.

It will be double even now. - image 2

I installed by DIM.

The reason why it' s double is that i uninstalled DAZ (for other reason) and then installed again.

Then i used DIM again to install content because i thoght that when i uninstalled DAZ all content would be uninstalled too. Of course i should have checked this before but didn't.

I have deleted Basic Hair in DIM too..........to be sure.

dubl2.jpg
671 x 791 - 65K
Dubl1.jpg
734 x 901 - 100K
Post edited by Beem on

Comments

• I don't see a duplicate there.

• BeemBeem Posts: 95
    edited June 2017

Sorry - wrong by me - wrong image uploaded. I have a new Nr 1 there in my post above.

Post edited by Beem on
  • Those aren't actually duplicates - note that oen has a scroll icon at top-left, indicating a Poser file with a sidecar DS script (which runs when the Poser file is loaded) while the other doesn't. I'm not sure if that's PZ2 and preset, or if they both represent prsets - one in the Poser library and one in a DS content diectory. If you click the up-arrow at the centre bottom of the pain and then the Info tab in the panel that opens you can click on each file of a pair in turn and see their actual location and name.

• BeemBeem Posts: 95

I see. Thank you so much.

• Quite right about the images you show are not in fact duplicates. However if you download and run a duplicate file finder, ie Alldups, (Glary utilities, which is my personal preference) both free,  then run whichever you prefer, and it will find all duplicated files on your drive or drives, then you can look at each in turn and decide to get rid of the duplicates or not. DAZ is a devil for duplicating files. I Run Poser11, Daz4.9 Maya, Max, vue and Unity, and none of the others causes duplicate problems. Still, DAZ is my favourite so I live with it. Once you have ridden yourself of all duplicates, install all future downloaded files yourself into DAZ then you won't have this problem, see NEWBIES help. good luck, have fun, Dangerous doug