Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Novica said:

Reminder, my contest is wrapping up at the end of August, we have over 10 people participating so there WILL be 5 gift certificates of $10 and one $25 gift certificate. Your odds of winning are very high (6/11 people so far) as folks can only win one time- but the more entries you have, the better your chances of getting your number pulled!   Since this is so complicated this time (once you win, all your numbers have to be pulled) I'm going to be doing it. I will pull the number for the $25 first, so everyone gets a shot at that one. 

So take a look at the entries so far and see the wide range of options you have- we have serene landscapes and funny renders, it's whatever you want to do! 

Rather than pulling previous winners out of the pot of numbers, wouldn't it be easier to just throw away a drawn number, if that person had already won a previous prize, and then draw again for that prize?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

which contest is this? is it linked in the Art Studio? 

Novica said:

Reminder, my contest is wrapping up at the end of August, we have over 10 people participating so there WILL be 5 gift certificates of $10 and one $25 gift certificate. Your odds of winning are very high (6/11 people so far) as folks can only win one time- but the more entries you have, the better your chances of getting your number pulled!   Since this is so complicated this time (once you win, all your numbers have to be pulled) I'm going to be doing it. I will pull the number for the $25 first, so everyone gets a shot at that one. 

So take a look at the entries so far and see the wide range of options you have- we have serene landscapes and funny renders, it's whatever you want to do! 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    Novica said:

Coming soon to the store, I'm the tester for Ren for Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 8 Male, and you're going to have some real fun with him. DarwinsMishap has included no-brow option, different colored brows, different eyelash colors, regular and fantasty iris colors- just went above and beyond to give you a combination of fantasy and regular dude. The gallery image for Ren is posted, if you like it, please do- so we can get some "oomph" there the day of release and Ati's app will pick up the image for the product page. It's also posted here. And here is Ren as an "everyday" man. (Well, not that you'd want to run into him, but at least he looks more normal than the Mayan temple dude!)  As I explained on DarwinsMishap thread, the whites of the eye are white, this is just extra saturation and pinkish lights at play.

He's wearing Dragoh Outfit for Genesis 3 Males

This is the one over on the gallery. Very large image, click then click again. This is Genesis 8 Male (yippee) and he also is including Genesis 3 Male for you (be sure and support that effort please!) wearing Arcane Summoner for Genesis 3 Males (take out those shoulder thingies and it lets your figure move!) and it has that neat prop! That background is Ancient Prophecies.

If you want something picked up by ATI's app, make sure you upload the render as a JPG.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Ren has lovely eyes. I'm not a fan of makeup and paint on the guys but that skin looks great.

edited August 2017

I'm curious if anyone buys the new Stonemason light set how the lights look with characters in them. I want to buy these prepackaged lights but it is tough to gauge how they look when the scenes are empty and unpopulated.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    barbult said:

Rather than pulling previous winners out of the pot of numbers, wouldn't it be easier to just throw away a drawn number, if that person had already won a previous prize, and then draw again for that prize?

Either way works.  :) 

If you want something picked up by ATI's app, make sure you upload the render as a JPG.

Oh, well then these won't show up. I do have a jpg but I am not doing all that postwork on the hood again. Got too many Life things going on. 

jakiblue said:

My contest here in the Art Studio section, the half a million views one. 

found it. laugh 

Novica said:
    jakiblue said:

My contest here in the Art Studio section, the half a million views one. 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    Novica said:

Oh, well then these won't show up. I do have a jpg but I am not doing all that postwork on the hood again. Got too many Life things going on. 

You can almost certainly open the file in whatever you did postwork in and resave it as a JPG, if you want. Heck, I could grab the PNG from the gallery and do it for you if you'd like.

edited August 2017

Quick heads up- if you bought any of the bundles that were Daz Originals in the Genesis 2/3 Megasale, they were only 30% then you got a discount (I bought the four things and got 70% off, for example) So you can submit a ticket and get the 10% difference. For me, it was $4.05 with the Centaur Bundle. (paid $28.34 and now it would be $24.29)  I simply told them about the 30% off yesterday vs 40% off today as a PC member, and instead of canceling the order and rebuying, asked them to credit my account with the difference. You can do this because the Genesis 2/3 Megasale is still ongoing, and you could easily just rebuy everything and get the better deal today. They honor lower prices within 30 days, so do it! 

Getting some sleep, plus lightning severely. TTYL. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks for the heads up!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Novica said:

Quick heads up- if you bought any of the bundles that were Daz Originals in the Genesis 2/3 Megasale, they were only 30% then you got a discount (I bought the four things and got 70% off, for example) So you can submit a ticket and get the 10% difference. For me, it was $4.05 with the Centaur Bundle. (paid $28.34 and now it would be $24.29)  I simply told them about the 30% off yesterday vs 40% off today as a PC member, and instead of canceling the order and rebuying, asked them to credit my account with the difference. You can do this because the Genesis 2/3 Megasale is still ongoing, and you could easily just rebuy everything and get the better deal today. They honor lower prices within 30 days, so do it! 

Getting some sleep, plus lightning severely. TTYL. 

Thanks! I bought the Elven Stronghold Bundle yesterday, so I just submitted a ticket for the difference.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I'm curious if anyone buys the new Stonemason light set how the lights look with characters in them. I want to buy these prepackaged lights but it is tough to gauge how they look when the scenes are empty and unpopulated.

I didn't but it was used here by Joe P. I asked him on DA about it, and he said it made this scene a lot easier to make, and he also needed to add lights for the foreground characters. It's for Iray only btw.

edited August 2017

I happen to be one of those lazy people who keep emails forever, particularly all the order confirmations. Questions are being asked on the sale thread about the September sales, and man, I bought a lot. (Now I only buy at 60% up, have enough stuff. It has to be really beneficial to buy things at less than that, aka, triggering a 70% off.)   This order was apparently the end of the sale, Mega Catchup, see several posts down)

So, in answer to the PC membership, note the price I got it for. So how about it- do you have your emails showing what you actually paid? Let's flash back a year and get an idea of what they did last year.  I then went into my orders and found the one with the PC Membership on sale. (Don't ask how long that took...)   So to do this you need your email, then your order in My Account, showing the regular price. Here goes on one order:

Wave Breakers for Genesis 3 Male(s)   $7.68     21.95
    Wave Breakers for Genesis 3 Female(s)   $7.69        21.95
    Platinum Club Plus Annual Membership   $24.50       70.00  (later, another sale, I got it extended for $12.60, and bought years of it.)
    Peng Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s)  $4.92       21.95
    Biker Bandit Textures   $2.89         12.95        
    2003 JP Sport Convertible   $3.99   15.95
    Coders Haven   $6.82        18.95
    FangTastic BUNDLE for Genesis 3   $9.35      25.95
    MADLAB-4   $2.79        19.95                   (Don't ask me what I'll use this for, probably kit bashing, but look at the price!) 
    HFS Interstellar Officer for Genesis 3 Male(s)   $7.90      21.95
    1stBastion's Buildings Hospital Emergency   $7.18      19.95
    Divided Highway   $10.78       29.95
    GDN3A Eliza for Genesis 3 Female   $6.46     17.95

Subtotal $148.89    Discount $56.44    Grand Total $92.45
    So 50% off would have been $74.44, I didn't even get that.  But I think the prices were very reasonable. Some, better than others. With 13 things, that came to $7.11 PER ITEM, INCLUDING THE MEMBERSHIP.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017

Here's in reverse- the prices then what I paid:

Subtotal   $144.65    Discount -$94.02      Grand Total $50.63    (50% would be 72.32 off, 60% is 86.79,  I GOT EXACTLY 65% OFF at -94.02)

Deep Underground Command Center       $24.95          8.74
    The Harpwood Trail for Daz Studio       $19.95               6.98
    Uniform Dress for Genesis 3 Female(s)       $21.95        7.68
    Time For School Asia for Genesis 2 Female(s)       $18.95      6.63
    Jackson's Field       $29.95      10.49
    Records Room       $15.95      5.58
    Dumor Scenics - Rhododendrons       $12.95     4.53

Post edited by Novica on

And from emails (Sept 29th) it was 80% off 1700 items. The images show the following:
    Military Dress Uniform (Gen2M/Gen3M), Urban Dweller Outfit (G3F), Urban Dweller Outfit Textures, Clinical Therapy Outfit (ultra sexy) G3F, Midori for Aiko 7, Nathy Swimsuit (Which Rich and I just used in my poking at each other renders- it's that pretty black one. But thong in back!), Attitude Poses and Expressions Teen Ryan, Kaia for Kalea 7, Sunny Summer Day Outfit (Gen3F.)   So a lot of very nice things.

Then the 2016  Mega Catchup weekend- Day one   UP TO 75% off of the fast grabs and new releases.  That's the first order I showed you, above, with the PC membership in it.  Note, the Day Two added thousands MORE items.

So now you know how it was handled last year.

I'm curious to see what the PA sale will be like this year. I have a grand total of ...wait for it.... $10 to spend. LOL. 

dawnblade said:

I didn't but it was used here by Joe P. I asked him on DA about it, and he said it made this scene a lot easier to make, and he also needed to add lights for the foreground characters. It's for Iray only btw.

That looks good. I like urban future and use it plenty but need it to be character friendly. Thanks for the link.

jakiblue said:

I'm curious to see what the PA sale will be like this year. I have a grand total of ...wait for it.... $10 to spend. LOL. 

There's still time today to do some renders for my contest and get more chances for the gift card drawing  :)  You could win either $25 or $10... seven hours left (Daz Midnight)  

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

I'm confused about PC Membership sales. I see it is at 40% off today. It looks like I paid that last year right before mine expired in November.I had waited and waited for a good deal and finally got the 40% off. My question is do they always announce when it's on sale or just sneak it in? I see, Novica, that you got a couple of crazy low prices. 

I've got one in so fingers crossed LOL.  

Novica said:
    jakiblue said:

There's still time today to do some renders for my contest and get more chances for the gift card drawing  :)  You could win either $25 or $10... seven hours left (Daz Midnight)  

edited September 2017
    luci45 said:

I'm confused about PC Membership sales. I see it is at 40% off today. It looks like I paid that last year right before mine expired in November.I had waited and waited for a good deal and finally got the 40% off. My question is do they always announce when it's on sale or just sneak it in? I see, Novica, that you got a couple of crazy low prices. 

They didn't announce it. And they never adjust the price on those either, even if you buy it the previous day and the very next day it goes lower. I can't remember if the $12.60 was a glitch, I think it was- but wasn't that available all day long, even when someone (idiotically) mentioned it on the forums? I'm out through 2019 due to that one. (or 2020)  And isn't this right?  Cancel the recurring Paypal subscription for EACH ONE of the years, or you will get hit with the $70 renewal for each one? 

Edit: And before anyone asks, if you get multiple years, it TACKS ON to whatever you already have. Like, if mine is out through December, and I buy two more years worth, one will start the day that my current one ENDS, then the second one starts when that one ends. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2017

OT:

Not liking Hurrican Irma. Yesterday, in the Category 6 blog by Jeff Masters (wunderground.com) several of the other bloggers (many have advanced degrees in meteorology btw) showed it going  Category 4 and a Gulf of Mexico, NOT East coast storm. Well, now NHC is looking at that as the top 4 models who have gotten Irma consistently right, have shown: one model going in at tip of Florida, up the middle, out Jacksonville  then TWO models going in at Pensacola and Tallahassee, then one model further west. So I'm in the middle part (Pensacola) and really can't win-  if it goes west, am in the dirty side of it. Winds predicted to be 140 mph now. Category 4.

So, you folks in Florida (both coasts), Georgia, the Carolinas- then the Gulf Coast (all of it) may want to go to the wunderground site then Blogs>Category 6 and keep up with that. Below that blog are the other blog posts by meteorologists and amateurs, but you'll know the pros because they have access to other sites we don't and have the graphics you won't see other places. (I read the tiny print then researched the dot coms, and you have to be an organization or a Masters/PhD to subscribe.) So we're getting to see things the public normally doesn't, in those blogs. Yesterday, when the NHC kept Irma at Cat 3, these forums said "Nope. Cat 4 or higher. And a Caribbean/Gulf track is possible." Today, the NHC is a day behind, but coming on board with that possibility as being just as likely now, and the four best models going that route for now.

As always, they say very high uncertainty, but if you have horses/livestock- after Ivan and Dennis hit here, we couldn't get hay for over a month. I stocked up for three months for Nova, and got the hay at a good price. Prices went up afterwards, and it wasn't gouging, the hay was shipped in from states further away than Alabama. Other models are still predicting an East Coast path, so either way, all of the United States in the Gulf Coast and East Coast need to keep an eye on dear Irma. I wanted to mention her because I wasn't sure you folks knew what we were dealing with next week to ten days- a true monster hurricane.

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

This is turning into a strange weather year. It's been one cool summer for us (only 3 days above 90, then they only reached 91). Tomorrow is expected to be a high of 62!

We haven't had back-to-back hurricanes for some time. Stay safe down there. My borther-in-law finally got out of the Houston convention center last night. A friend is letting them stay in an unfurnished apartment. Still waiting to hear what all they need since their single-story home probably had 6 feet of water in it (based on news reports, they haven't been able to get back in yet).

edited September 2017
    RGcincy said:

My borther-in-law finally got out of the Houston convention center last night. A friend is letting them stay in an unfurnished apartment. Still waiting to hear what all they need since their single-story home probably had 6 feet of water in it (based on news reports, they haven't been able to get back in yet).

Ouch, without a second story to put things in, everything is going to be ruined. And can't wrap my head around it- some of those homes by the reservoirs will stay flooded for a month or two- I can't imagine trying to go to work, send the kids to school- when you don't have anything to leave from, or go home to. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455
    Novica said:

OT:

Not liking Hurrican Irma. Yesterday, in the Category 6 blog by Jeff Masters (wunderground.com) several of the other bloggers (many have advanced degrees in meteorology btw) showed it going  Category 4 and a Gulf of Mexico, NOT East coast storm. Well, now NHC is looking at that as the top 4 models who have gotten Irma consistently right, have shown: one model going in at tip of Florida, up the middle, out Jacksonville  then TWO models going in at Pensacola and Tallahassee, then one model further west. So I'm in the middle part (Pensacola) and really can't win-  if it goes west, am in the dirty side of it. Winds predicted to be 140 mph now. Category 4.

So, you folks in Florida (both coasts), Georgia, the Carolinas- then the Gulf Coast (all of it) may want to go to the wunderground site then Blogs>Category 6 and keep up with that. Below that blog are the other blog posts by meteorologists and amateurs, but you'll know the pros because they have access to other sites we don't and have the graphics you won't see other places. (I read the tiny print then researched the dot coms, and you have to be an organization or a Masters/PhD to subscribe.) So we're getting to see things the public normally doesn't, in those blogs. Yesterday, when the NHC kept Irma at Cat 3, these forums said "Nope. Cat 4 or higher. And a Caribbean/Gulf track is possible." Today, the NHC is a day behind, but coming on board with that possibility as being just as likely now, and the four best models going that route for now.

As always, they say very high uncertainty, but if you have horses/livestock- after Ivan and Dennis hit here, we couldn't get hay for over a month. I stocked up for three months for Nova, and got the hay at a good price. Prices went up afterwards, and it wasn't gouging, the hay was shipped in from states further away than Alabama. Other models are still predicting an East Coast path, so either way, all of the United States in the Gulf Coast and East Coast need to keep an eye on dear Irma. I wanted to mention her because I wasn't sure you folks knew what we were dealing with next week to ten days- a true monster hurricane.

Please stay safe!  I hope you have hay stocked up again, just in case. Lines for gasoline here in Texas, as people panic a bit in the aftermath of Harvey. Hopefully it will be a temporary problem. Blessed that most of our friends found the storm not so bad where they were, although a few lost homes. And I think one is still looking for his boat, but thankfully a recreational one. Those we know were lucky overall, but so much damage to so large an area. It will be a while getting over it. I've been so busy I haven't looked at the news since yesterday morning, so I will check out Irma.

To save you the trouble of figuring all this out on Day 1 of the PA sale- if you buy 2 of the Debut items, you'll end up getting 55% off on those, and 64% off the stores. (Not the Mega Fast Grab stores. Those will be 75%.)

I learned my lesson last year, I am making a chart each day of what percents I got off and what was required, so I can do price adjustment requests. It helps to know what triggered what, as this is going to get very complicated. (you can already tell!)   

It is a bit confusing. I had to read the caveats a couple of times to work them out. I'm not interested in anything today anyway, so that's ok. laugh

I'm just wondering if Zev0 is going to do an additional discount for those who own the other Growing Up products. I think he has offered discounts to folks who have the other generations' products. I've learned not to buy right away, orange banners show up midmornings (or afternoons) so getting off the computer and checking back in later. The 75% off stores have Aave's Sunny outfit- for $4.49 and the textures- $2.98 and the outfit also works with poses from Always A Lady  which I like a lot.

If you like dragon themes, check out the Classic Weapons of the East- China blades- only $2.73 if you're getting 75% off (one debut item required) 

This discussion has been closed.