Poser Clothroom: Long dress falling through ground plane

OK, n00bish Poser question, as I'm still trying to get the hang of this program: 

I'm doing a similutation of a very long dress on a V4 in the clothroom. I don't have a scene loaded, just v4 and the dress. I've told it to collide with itself and V4. There's a default ground plane, but that's it. The dress seems to fall through the ground, and there's no way to tell it to collide with that. Do I have to have some kind of ground or flooring loaded for it to collide with? I was hoping to just render the figure and dress, then put it into a setting later via postwork. Seems like I've had this issue in DAZ as well. How do you work around it? Do you load a floor and then tell it not to show up in the render?

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2017

I think I answered my own dumb question. Looks like it needs the floor for the simulation, then it can be turned off or deleted for the render. Learning curves, yay.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Been there, done that and got the Tee Shirt. 

Yes a plane isn't enough, as there's not enough pixels for the clothing article to collide with

• Actually, you can set the cloth to collide with the ground.

In the Cloth Objects panel, click the 'Collide against...' button, then click the 'Add/Remove' button. In the tree-view that is displayed, the first item under 'Universe' should be the 'GROUND' plane.  Make sure that is checked.  Then, when you run the simulation, the ground plane will catch the cloth.

Collide_1.PNG
    499 x 633 - 36K
    Collide_2.PNG
    542 x 393 - 25K
    Collide_3.PNG
    534 x 630 - 42K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you, Ken! I will try that next time I've got it loaded up. There is still so much I don't know about Poser. Great program, but different learning curve.

• Chohole said:

Been there, done that and got the Tee Shirt. 

Yes a plane isn't enough, as there's not enough pixels for the clothing article to collide with

Okay, this has been a while back but just in case someone else reads this, yes, you can have the cloth collide with a plane. Just make sure the cloth is set to collide with polygons, not vertices, which, btw, is what polygons are made of. The plane is just a large polygon and at the least only needs three vertices to be one.