? Understanding Package Variations

AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Hi,

for most of the products (especially sales) there are some different implementations besides the DAZ version: "StudioCF", "PoserCF", "Legacy".

I'm confused which ones are mandatory to install for use in DAZ3D with 3Delight and/or iRay.
Can I omit those entries in the IM?

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

None of them are mandatory for the recent versions of Studio.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    AndyS said:

Hi,

for most of the products (especially sales) there are some different implementations besides the DAZ version: "StudioCF", "PoserCF", "Legacy".

I'm confused which ones are mandatory to install for use in DAZ3D with 3Delight and/or iRay.
    Can I omit those entries in the IM?

"StudioCF" means Daz Studio Compatibility Files.  These are files that allow loading directly in DS, of poser content.  DS can currently load it anyway, but these are DS Files that go in the DS libraries.  Makes it easier to find and load stuff.

"PoserCF" means Poser Compatibility Files.  These are for Poser users, and do NOT apply to DS.

"Legacy"  are files that support older builds of DS/Poser.  If you are using the Current DS, you don't need them.

• StudioCF - usually means Daz studio materials to eb applied to a Poser core product

PoserCF - library files for loading the content into Poser using the DSON Importer

Legacy - usually, but not invariably, for older (pre 4.x) versions of Daz Studio

So for DS 4.8+ (Iray versions) you'd usually want the Poser and StudioCF versions, but not the Poser CF or Legacy versions.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

OK,

StudioCF for having the corresponding icons under "My Library" paths?
    How does it come that I find double icons for those products (.ds and .duf) in the same content libray path?

• The .ds files would be the equivalent of Legacy versions, for DS3 and earlier, while the .duf fiels are for DS 4.5+

So it would be useful to remove the .ds files in that case.

Thx.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Although I didn't write down any past examples to point to and could be wrong, I thought I had encountered multiple cases where I needed the poserCF files in DAZ Studio for content that was not even in the DAZ Studio version?

edited June 2017

Yes,

I think this is for the "pure" Poser products. Those only appear under "Poser Formats" in your content library.
    I.e. Dream Home Childrens Furniture

That time it took me a while. Purchased it, installed it via DIM and couldn't find it in the (DAZ) content library. indecision

Post edited by AndyS on
  • There is in fact a documentation page covering the different qualifiers http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/terms/package_qualifier/start

edited June 2017

Yea Richard,

but what does it help?
    This StudioCF package creates some icons in the "usual" DAZ locations of the content library. But clicking on these still requests an asset in place. And that only is available from the "Poser Formats". So the real clue out of the "StudioCF" is missing.

Meanwhile I use the workaround to one-time load the prop from the "Poser Formats", store it as a Scene Subset and copy it into a "Props"-location of my choice. That way afterwards it is available like every other "normal" DAZ content.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • In general* the Studio CFs will be materials presets, you load the model from the Poser library, then apply the materials from the StudioCF. I'm not sure what you mean by saying that soemthign is missing.

* there are exceptions - such as Puppeteer presets, when the materials are in the Poser installer as sidecar files that DS loads automatically.

In general* the Studio CFs will be materials presets, you load the model from the Poser library, then apply the materials from the StudioCF. I'm not sure what you mean by saying that soemthign is missing.

* there are exceptions - such as Puppeteer presets, when the materials are in the Poser installer as sidecar files that DS loads automatically.

I just "hoped", that StudioCF included the prop load too. So the load icon is, what I miss in the normal DAZ content library.
    Most times you know, you purchased a certain (DAZ-compatible) product, but it isn't visible in the DAZ content library. So you have to keep in mind, that it possibly was originally designed for Poser. So start the search again - this time in the Poser Formats. TERRIBLE !!

This really is not customer friendly! Shouldn't be there an additional package for those "old" products to comfort the DAZ customers?
    That's why I was wondering about the different packages, creating double and quadrupel icons for one and the same thing (poses, materials, props, ...).

• If the item has metadata you should be able to find everything in a category or product view.

If the item has metadata you should be able to find everything in a category or product view.

devil  If ...

And that's sometimes #2 of my actions - creating database entries for those products.

But since there're over 600 entries in the DIM, you can imagine that the list is quite big.
    I'm normally used to look into the content library first. Most you find under environments or props -> architecture. For some (you use most) you're used to know the creator's name. Except those products with older sku numbers. sad

So it would be really kind for the props / figures to appear in the content library view at first instance!