Greg Zaal giving away free 16K HDRI every week

JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 112
edited June 2017 in Freebies

New thing: Every Friday means free 16k HDRI

(From email sent to me)

Hi there!

Long time no see! It's been about 2 months since my last update with the Kiara HDRIs, and I've had some time to think about how things should change...

Starting today (well yesterday actually, it's been a long week), every Friday I will upload a new free full-res (16k) HDRI for you, and enable instant downloads without requiring any annoying email-signup thing (which is probably how you first got onto this list, sorry).

So without further ado, the first HDRI of this thing I am hesitantly calling Freebie Friday is: Pond Bridge Night. Have at it :D

Oh and these Friday HDRIs will actually use a new, more liberal license: CC0. With these you don't even have to give credit or mention where you got it, making it easier to use for commercial purposes.

I am honestly surprised this one turned out alright with only a little bit of noise on the floor and in the darkest parts - it was almost pitch black when I finished shooting it, I couldn't even see the markings on my tripod. Those tiny bright street lights behind the trees meant I had to use a relatively fast shutter speed to capture the full dynamic range, but since it was so dark everywhere else I had to use a slow 10 second shutter speed too, so it took forever to shoot the whole thing and it got significantly darker towards the end of the process. I almost didn't even bother stitching it actually, I thought it would be completely unusable, but it actually turned out quite nice :)

Anyway, I hope you like it, and I'd love to see if you make something nice with it.

Have a nice day :)

-Greg

Grab it.

Gumroad225 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA

Post edited by JoelLovell on

Comments