Copying Object atribute

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Let's say I want to land a new object in the exact space of an existing object. Is it possible, short of typing in each attribute, to copy all of the attributes of the existing object and copy it to the object attributes of the new object. I am thinking something like the cut and pasting of material attributes.

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Select the object who's attributes you want to copy. From the menu bar, select Edit > Copy > "Copy Selected Item(s)". Select your new item, then from the menu bar select Edit > Paste > "Paste To Selected Item(s)".

If the original object who's position you were copying was resized, then those transformations will be applied too, so it would distort the object you pasted to. If the original object was just positioned and rotated but not resized, I believe you should be good though.
    I don't think this works as expected for parented objects, so if needed, temporarily unparent them before doing the copy/paste.
    I haven't tried this extensively, just on a few primitives and a brief test with Genesis right now, so I don't know if there are any other potential issues.