TerraDome 3 additions, Alien Worlds

tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534
edited June 2017 in Product Suggestions

Please add alien environments, simular to Luna, but with stars, alien skys, planets and moons in the sky; alien, lunar soil, etc.  I know I can do some of that in poatwork, but the less I have to do in Photoshop the better.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

There are some interesting texture possibilities anyone can do... hmm. I should experiment. :)

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

I would like a Terradome 3 Alien Cannons & Caves Morphs

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534

I would really like alien skies with orbiting moons/planets, like this:

_1458812456.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 436K
    edited June 2017

Here's a render I did with the exsisting resources in TD3.  Would love some alien skies and textures other than just Mars (which I do love).

Mars Crash

Post edited by tkdrobert on

A lot of the desert/rock stuff works fine for alien planetoids.

Here's one I did with TD3:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Outpost-X44-684574084

A lot of the desert/rock stuff works fine for alien planetoids.

Here's one I did with TD3:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Outpost-X44-684574084

Nice work.  To be honest, I haven't tried replacing any of the default textures.  Maybe this week I'll experiement with the textures and adding planets in post work.

It's tricky...

The shader uses a Normal mask so that one texture appears on the upward-sloping surfaces and another appears on the side-facing surfaces. But I'm pretty sure, from my own stuff, that the underlying Normals of the two textures will impact how this cutoff is handled.

So there's going to be an interesting interaction between the global Normal map, the two texture Normals, and the actual shape of the terrain.

Like in another image I tried organic textures, but the distribution still looked sandy/rocky because I hadn't played with the global Normal.