Amber Texture - Tan Lines?

Several of the previous 3DU characters have had tan lines. I'm not so much a fan. Would someone who has bought her today please let me know?  Thank you.

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Looking at the texture, there is a slight tan line on the bottom of the torso, as if she had been sunbathing in just a string bikini/thong bottom. There is a matching lightness on the specular map, as well.

edited June 2017

I just put her into an empty scene, and with the Iray materials, I can barely make out the lines with the tan skin option. There are also light and medium skin tone options, as well. With 3DL, it's slightly more obvious.

I don't know how obvious the tan lines have been on other character's, but if I hadn't been looking for them on Amber, I would not have noticed them.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327

The three skin options affect the whole texture. The tanned option is a skin tone, not tan lines. 

The three skin options affect the whole texture. The tanned option is a skin tone, not tan lines. 

L'Adair said:

Looking at the texture, there is a slight tan line on the bottom of the torso, as if she had been sunbathing in just a string bikini/thong bottom. There is a matching lightness on the specular map, as well.

The line is barely discernable on both the 3duG3FAmber_Torso_DF_1002 and 3duG3FAmber_TorsoN_DF_1002 images, and quite obvious on the corresponding SP images. However, as I stated above, you have to know what you're looking for to notice it in the rendered image.

That said, I don't expect to be rendering her in the nude, so even if it were blatant, it would make no difference to me. That area will be covered.

• Amber seem to look to much like a cartoon, i think? I wish the designers would create more realistic looking characters. Respectfully

3d universe is still cool.

• RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99

Thank  you.  Skylar has an obvious but reasonable tan bikini tan.   Rayn on the other hand was big and stark. I returned her.  I too wish they weren't so toonish - but that is the house style for 3DU and so it is.  They still make a good place to start and with some dial spinning and injection of other characters you can get something more natural.  I'll think more seriously about dropping her into the basket.