DAZ Originals Sale not working

AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Hi DAZ-Team,

What about the DAZ Originals Sale?
You promise the discount would show up in the shopping card !! But - Nothing !  :-?

What's going on again?
It's not the first time you do this ...

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hmmm...I was just overcharged by hundreds of dollars....so many hundreds of dollars I might have multiple NSF charges if DAZ Support doesn't hurry up and refund what they've overcharged me. Each NSF I think is $28! This is already the 2nd time since February 2017 their DAZ 3D Store has overcharged me by hundreds of dollars! It is somewhat stressful and for no good reason either.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909
    edited June 2017

The discounts on the Days 1-5 items are being looked at, if that's what you mean.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326
    edited June 2017

The discounts on the Days 1-5 items are being looked at, if that's what you mean.

What do you mean by "being looked at"? Does that mean they will be back? As of now the Days 1 through 5 featured artists seem to have been removed from the sale ad with the exceptions of Swam (Day 5) which still shows as one of the featured artists but her items do not discount and I H Kang (Day 1) is also shown but only has 40% discount

ETA: Now the Swam catalog has also been removed

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hmmm...I was just overcharged by hundreds of dollars....so many hundreds of dollars I might have multiple NSF charges if DAZ Support doesn't hurry up and refund what they've overcharged me. Each NSF I think is $28! This is already the 2nd time since February 2017 their DAZ 3D Store has overcharged me by hundreds of dollars! It is somewhat stressful and for no good reason either.

Well I for one would like to thank DAZ Support again for resolving the programs the DAZ Store checkout bug caused again very quickly! 

• The discounts on the Days 1-5 items are being looked at, if that's what you mean.

What do you mean by "being looked at"? Does that mean they will be back? As of now the Days 1 through 5 featured artists seem to have been removed from the sale ad with the exceptions of Swam (Day 5) which still shows as one of the featured artists but her items do not discount and I H Kang (Day 1) is also shown but only has 40% discount

Showing, and discounted, for me.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326

Showing, and discounted, for me.

Yep, it looks like SWAM  has been restored to the sale; Also I H Kang is now up to the advertised 50% rather than the 40% it was before. It's too bad we couldn't get the other days 1 through 5 stores restored; but something is better than nothing.

• duane_moodyduane_moody Posts: 130
    edited June 2017

Yep, it looks like SWAM  has been restored to the sale; Also I H Kang is now up to the advertised 50% rather than the 40% it was before. It's too bad we couldn't get the other days 1 through 5 stores restored; but something is better than nothing.

FYI those discount percentages are calculated from a predetermined sale price, not the other way around, and the function that does this fudges the percentage upward by intentionally using the wrong rounding function (Math.ceil instead of Math.round).

For example, this is an 85.013% discount; 86% would be $2.79 not $2.99. I hope as customers we're not so petty that the difference of a percentage point's going to matter more than the resulting price. And to be upfront about it, many products have accurately calculated percentages off, it's just that it's because they fall within the threshold that round() would have given. 

ImageStrip20170601161417.jpg
    709 x 364 - 104K
    Post edited by duane_moody on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    FYI those discount percentages are calculated from a predetermined sale price, not the other way around, and the function that does this fudges the percentage upward by intentionally using the wrong rounding function (Math.ceil instead of Math.round).

Is this documented anywhere? If so, an ancient mystery is solved — many of us have been wondering, since the switchover to the Magento store software a few years ago, why the store and cart appears to be incapable of adding up the same numbers and consistently getting the same answer. Argleblargle...