Trans Issue.

DoomsdayCMDoomsdayCM Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am running Windows 8 (Which I am sure will be the reasoning behind my issue)

I have a Vest I am working on, and I am using an Ocp map to remove pieces I don't want displayed and in DAZ I am getting a weird trans issue where it appears to be transparent in places it should not but as I rotate the item the transparency moves as I rotate.

When I go to render everything is beautiful and everything works exactly as it is supposed to.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Nope, not a Win8 problem. It's an OpenGL preview problem. As long as it renders correctly everything is fine.

It's that OpenGL doesn't do transparencies the same way as 3Delight does, so if you have a transmap that possibly intersects with another mapped area, you'll get that odd behavior. There's other causes, but that's probably the most common...all of them, though are purely OpenGL.

You can even see it, sometimes in games (usually older ones). To get around it, games often use custom OpenGL shaders (where as DS seems to use the 'stock'/standard ones...and they don't seem to be easily changeable.)

• DoomsdayCMDoomsdayCM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah, yes I have seen that on older games. Is there a way to get around that? Making my scaling and alignment a little bit of a pain.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Don't worry about the transmaps until you get the scaling down. Most often this happens in multisurface objects, so to do the final tweaks on scaling/alignment...do one surface at a time.

• DoomsdayCMDoomsdayCM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have it scaled, and still annoying the (edited) out of me.

I am also having this problem with an old model I had, I have cut all the unwanted assets from it, cutting it down to just the parts I want and having the same issue with.

Any ideas?