Older Content Now requiring DSON?

mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was using the new install manager, which is pretty nice. Except, I'm finding that some items that I'm pretty sure predated DSON are now requiring DSON. The basicwear for the K4 will not load without the plugin...

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm been overwriting old files with the new ones downloaded with the install manager...and I'm starting to wonder if I've deleted files that will actually work:(

Comments

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Nevermind. A few directories further down is another folder with the items suitable for Poser. I guess the other folder was part of some genesis stuff I got...maybe a starter package or something.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

There are two versions of Kids 4 Basicwear, the original Poser version and the K4 Basicwear for Genesis. The Basicwear for Genesis is part of the Genesis Starter Essentials.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited February 2013

I think all the poser users are nervous because of the possibility that at least the future products won't contain poser Cr2s since daz assumes we can just use their daz studio stuff. but DS stuff is heaps slower in poser. not good.
    I just put a new parkside product into my cart but it is not clear if it is poser compatible or only poser compatible via dson.
    Love esther

Post edited by esther on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    I think all the poser users are nervous because of the possibility that at least the future products won't contain poser Cr2s since daz assumes we can just use their daz studio stuff. but DS stuff is heaps slower in poser. not good.
    I just put a new parkside product into my cart but it is not clear if it is poser compatible or only poser compatible via dson.
    Love esther

Just look at the storepage of the item, in the "What's Included & Features" tab it tells you what kind of files are included.

• ServantServant Posts: 757
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Love esther

Much of it actually depends on the PA as much as it is DAZ. Stefan and Jack, for instance, will likely continue to be primarily Poser compatible stuff, rather than primarily DAZ. It's very likely that bulk of the future DAZ exclusives will be only available with DSON for Poser, though.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    esther said:
    Love esther

Much of it actually depends on the PA as much as it is DAZ. Stefan and Jack, for instance, will likely continue to be primarily Poser compatible stuff, rather than primarily DAZ. It's very likely that bulk of the future DAZ exclusives will be only available with DSON for Poser, though.

:( day iz done - gone the sun

edited December 1969

I think the product does contain a poser Cr2.
    My fear is that products won't be fully poser in the future. DSON is slow on my computer.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

quote:- "I’m been overwriting old files with the new ones downloaded with the install manager…and I’m starting to wonder if I’ve deleted files that will actually work:("

pity if that is true.
    If I decide to use that installer I will do it in another folder and not overwrite anything.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Can't you people ever be happy?

Good grief...you all bitch up a storm because there wasn't any way to get Genesis into Poser at first. Now it's because of this, that or the other thing...

JUST STOP IT ALREADY!!!!

edited December 1969

there is happy and there is happier. maybe SM will come up with a way to make DSON work better in poser. But at the moment it is so sloooww that even though I bought V5,M5, F5, teens and clothes etc, I have not made anything with these "people". should I be that happy do you think?
    What if all future products are DSON? Should I be happy yet?
    I'm not so sure.
    Love esther

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Esther: I am not telling you to be happy ...
    I just want to make sure you know all the little things that can make DSON faster.

Slow DSON?

Try these:

If your viewport is moving too slowly, you can set the figure’s subdivision to “OFF” while you work within the scene. Turn it back to its previous value before you render. Genesis defaults to SubDivision Level 1. (This can also be set in MeshResolution > SubDivision Level in the Parameter Pane.)

and

If anybody has had problems with PP2012 becoming unresponsive when Genesis is loaded, go into your General Preferences and see if Multi-threaded Bending is checked. If it is, uncheck it. I had it checked and didn’t notice much when other figures were loaded as I have a quad core laptop. Since unchecking it I haven’t had any issues. (Touch wood!)

and

Another option is to go into the importer’s preferences (in the Scripts>DSON Importer menu) and turn off the Show progress option. You won’t get a progress bar during import, but that is all.

edited December 1969

they sound like great tips. thanks. I will try them, but it won't be for awhile as I"m working on something else at the moment.
    That is very hopeful.
    I do like making crowd scenes. do you really think this is possible with genesis in poser?
    Love esther

edited December 1969

but my other problem is i need my poser stuff to also work in vue and dson stuff dosen't do that for me as yet.