Iray not working when using 2 Light products by Colm

PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
edited May 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

My Nvida driver is up to date and Daz Studio 4.9. * latest version * was running great.

I edited the post now because I know my nvidia card is working fine , it is only when using 2 light products by Colm. 

https://www.daz3d.com/pro-studio-hdr-lighting-system-2

https://www.daz3d.com/pro-studio-hdr-lighting-system-3

Petra

Post edited by Petra on

Comments

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited May 2017

I filed a ticket with tech support and wating for reply :)

Post edited by Petra on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Pet said:

My Nvida driver is up to date and Daz Studio 4.9. * latest version * was running great.

Since I installed the latest windows update the Iray render stops working.

Have you checked that your NVidia driver is still up-to-date? Don't know how common it is, but people have reported that Windows updating has installed default graphics card drivers, which might not support the current Iray version.

Pet said:

Since I installed the latest windows update the Iray render stops working.

Have you checked that your NVidia driver is still up-to-date? Don't know how common it is, but people have reported that Windows updating has installed default graphics card drivers, which might not support the current Iray version.

Yes, Nvidia driver is up to date. 

It ist ONLY with those 2 light sets that the problem occurs.

Very strange.

I do have a few of his lighs and they all work fine except those to sets.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

after windoiws updates I suggest to remove/reinstall latest Nvidia drivers,,

in this case Nvidia DLL can corrcetly registry shared DLL in registry!

Windows 10 install dedicated Nvidia drivers, most of the time official but older than newer version 

cm152335 said:

after windoiws updates I suggest to remove/reinstall latest Nvidia drivers,,

in this case Nvidia DLL can corrcetly registry shared DLL in registry!

Windows 10 install dedicated Nvidia drivers, most of the time official but older than newer version 

Thank you for your reply, I have updated, all is up to date and the problem is ONLY with those 2 light sets. So everthing is working well, it has to be the products.

I am waiting for the answer from tech . support.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Could you define what "not working" means? Do you get any image at all? Or do you get an image but it's not what you think it should be? Or.... ???

edited May 2017
    Tobor said:

Could you define what "not working" means? Do you get any image at all? Or do you get an image but it's not what you think it should be? Or.... ???

Well, I get the iray preview alright but the render is just rushing through and  scene  that usually takes 1 hour to render is done in 15 seconds and it just looks like the unrendered scene.

I am not sure how else I can explain what is happening when I try to use those lights.

I have my own rendersetttings that I always use, as soon as I apply one of the lights of either set it sets the rendersettings to default.

It does not effect the advanced rendersettings at all.

So basicly the lights are unusable.

I renderd the scene perfectly with different lights and the render took, about 1 hour.

Post edited by Petra on
  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643

HDR lighting often renders faster.  Are you using the the render settings he provides? "All HDR's are set-up as Iray Render Settings so all you have to do is load the render setting file that you require and your scene is beautifully lit and ready to render."  ...  "and will render incredibly fast with a Nvidia graphics card." 15 seconds is fast so I'm wondering if you are missing something. Colm Jackson's stuff is usually high quality.

HDR lighting often renders faster.  Are you using the the render settings he provides? "All HDR's are set-up as Iray Render Settings so all you have to do is load the render setting file that you require and your scene is beautifully lit and ready to render."  ...  "and will render incredibly fast with a Nvidia graphics card." 15 seconds is fast so I'm wondering if you are missing something. Colm Jackson's stuff is usually high quality.

No rendersettings are provided. It does not render at all and that is why it is so fast. I do render a lot with HDRI and know what it should do but these 2 products do nothing in term of rendering. As I said,they set my rendersettings back to the default setting that ds comes with. I have other lights from Colm and those work wonderful. Same scene with other lights and all works fine. I tried so many times. Still waiting for reply from tech support.
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Did you have a look into the log file?
    Some unusual message over there indicating a mistake or missing components?

AndyS said:

How can I access the log file? * hangs head in shame  and feels stupid *

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Pet said:
    AndyS said:

Help> Troubleshooting ...> View log file (from memory)

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes light presets come with Maximum Samples set to 100, (Sets like that generally get updated later down the line)  so it might be worth checking settings for that

Tottallou said:

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes light presets come with Maximum Samples set to 100, (Sets like that generally get updated later down the line)  so it might be worth checking settings for that

Thank you s much for your reply.

No , nothing is set, the thing is that , no matter what rendersettings I use, as soon as I apply any lights of either set , they reset the rendersettings to their default settings but leave the advances settings alone. NOTHING renders, it just rushes through withing seconds no matter what I have in the scene. 

ANY other light for other sets will render the scene in the correct manner.

I have a few of Colms light sets and they all work, just not those 2 and it is quite frustrating.

Still no word from tech . support.

Petra

SimonJM said:
    Pet said:
    AndyS said:

Help> Troubleshooting ...> View log file (from memory)

Thank you, I looked but I do not know what I am lookign for.

I never looked into a log file like that.

Petra