I can not seem to ever get the content window to work.

zapboy007zapboy007 Posts: 0

I cannot seem to ever get the smart content window to work.

I have tried to use all the relevant fixes available but nothing works. I tried to get help from Daz3d but they deleted my help request.

A lot of the content I have will not load.

The such tool in the directory tree seems to not be able to find things either.

I am at wits end with this.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing or is it just the program is rubbish?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

There are just too many things that can interfere with the CMS to be able to troubleshoot through e-mail or even in the forums. Just close the Smart Content pane(s) and open the Content Library pane(s) instead.

• zapboy007zapboy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes but when I use that, in the content library even the search does not work and also a lot of the content simply will not load. The frustrating thing is I just do not know what is wrong and why the content will not load. It’s saying that there is missing content but I have loaded everything using the new loading program. The files I am getting from Daz3d must be faulty. That’s all I can think of. As a result of this all the figures have to live in this 3d world naked, because nothing is loading.

I can’t do animation with nothing but naked figures!!

east_park_missing_files2.png
    510 x 363 - 46K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot. Chances are you either have your content installed in a non-editable location (such as Program Files under Windows 7) or you are installing to a subfolder of your content location rather than the content folder itself.

edited December 1969

ok thank you for helping.

This is what I have . .

content_maneger.jpg
    909 x 833 - 264K
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Man! I thought I had a large list of directories!

I think I see some of the problem though. From what I can see, you're referencing the sub folders in the My Library folder, which isn't necessary. It also looks like you've got content folders buried within content folders, and what looks like references to content IN the zip files?

My suggestion is to uninstall everything, remove all of these content directories, and do a fresh install. Make sure to always install to either the Poser 4 or My Library folder:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Curious Labs/Poser 4

C:/Users/Paul/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

That should clear up most of your problems.

edited December 1969

Thank you I will give it a go.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Yes, nested content directories cause all kind of trouble, so avoid these at all costs. One more thing to note from what I saw in your list, the newer Windows versions e.g. Windows 7 don't like content in a "Program Files" directory. Windows simply doesn't allow user file creation in such program directories anymore and they end up getting moved to a mapped directory in the "User" portion. In the end DAZ Studio won't be able to find the files then.

edited December 1969

Well thank god for you guys. I will let you know how things work out after the re-install with this advice in mind.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Yes, nested content directories cause all kind of trouble, so avoid these at all costs. One more thing to note from what I saw in your list, the newer Windows versions e.g. Windows 7 don't like content in a "Program Files" directory. Windows simply doesn't allow user file creation in such program directories anymore and they end up getting moved to a mapped directory in the "User" portion. In the end DAZ Studio won't be able to find the files then.

Very true. All of my content is kept in my personal user directory in the my documents folder. That way I can edit things as I please without Windows throwing a fit.