JamesJAB's Art Studio Full of Renders and Incomplete Projects!

Comments

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited November 2017

Here's Miranda Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Females set as dynamic and animated.

Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow great job with the dynamics!  Love the hair!

Here's a sample walking animation using the same hair settings as my last post.

Scalp set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.00
    Hair1 and Hair2 both set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.80

So I decided to take an expensive leap of faith with my laptop (Dell Precision M6700 Running Windows 10 Pro).
    Was reading online that you could put newer Kepler (GTX 7xxM / GTX 8xxM / Quadro Kx100M) and Maxwell (GTX 9xxM and Quadro Mx000M) series Nvidia cards in to the machine and use them with modified drivers.
    (Newest cards that are oficially supported are the GTX 6xxM / Quadro Kx000M)

I went and bought a new Geforce GTX 980M 8GB card (Alienware version)
    ***This card will not work in this model when Optimus is enabled, so no Intel graphics for me***  Not a problem fo me, as I already run Nvidia mode only. 
    Installed it in the laptop (Thank you Dell for allowing consumers to download the Service Manuals for your computers)
    Booted to the bios and was greeted with the motherboard identifiying to as an Unknown 8GB GPU (As was expected)
    Then booted into windows with no issues.
    Downloaded the most recent Nvidia Drivers and decided to try installing without editing the .inf file. (editing the inf file is to inform the driver installer that the GPU is compatible with this model laptop)
    Was very suprised that it installed with no errors and the GPU is fully functional including the hotkeys (screen brightness and such)
    (Maybe windows 10 drivers do not have the silly .inf file to "Whitelist" mobile GPUs?)

Now this machine can run pretty much every game I throw at it with maxed out settings at the screen's native 1080p resolution.
    This also means that my laptop now has an 8GB GPU for Iray rendering that completes the benchmark scene in 5:19. (compared to 15:20 on the old Quadro K5000M)
    *Quadro K5000M is the same core configuration as the Geforce GTX 680M but is clocked a little slower.

More playing with applying dForce to conforming clothing.

Callie in a bottle

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Dedicated 3DL user, but gotta admit Iray handles refraction beautifully!!! Nice one!

A new life.

Signed up, sworn in, life packed up into one tough box, and then the waiting starts.
    "(did I make the right choice?  Will I be able to make it through the training?  What if I get sent home as a failure?  No I wont!  I will do this!  I am strong!)"

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

You sure have been super busy with all these amazing and funny renders James!!!

My fav is the "Callie in a bottle" she sure is looking cute at the bottom of the bowl!!

A New Life (part 2)

One week into training.
    *(How.. ..am.. I going.....  to survive ..another... eight weeks...  ...of this.)*

• JamesJAB said:

A New Life (part 2)

One week into training.
    *(How.. ..am.. I going.....  to survive ..another... eight weeks...  ...of this.)*

I remember having similar thoughts

A New Life (part 3)

Three years in, recently promoted to head of Security.
    *(This is my ship, my friends, my family!  The names and faces may change, but I will protect them to my last breath!)*

A New Life (part 4)

The end of an adventure.
    *(You are and always will be my dearest friend.  You have kept me safe through all of our adventures.  I will miss you always.  Though your adventures will no longer involve me, I will pray for you and your crew's safety...  **sniff** Here I am tearing up talking to a starship.  Here is where we part ways, never to see each other again.  Farewell dear friend...)*

A New Life (part 5)

Reflection and sadnes
    *(So many years ago, a young lady sitting on her box in this coridor wondering if she made the right choice... Scared of the future, afraid of failure, worried about dissapointing everyone who believed in her.  That little girl was me... is me!....  Well here I am again, same place scared out of my mind, moving into the unknown, leaving everything and everone I've known behind.  "You've served your time, star hopping is a game for the young." Hearing that made my heart sink down to the pit of my stomach.)*

*(Hold your head high, one foot in front of the other...  Hold back the tears,.. I don't know if I can.  Be strong this one last time, be proud, stand tall, remember the good times... I'm going to miss my chair... my chair for ten years.  It's in good hands now, I know it is.)*

*(The time is now, through this door is my crew, my friends, my family, my most cherished creatures I've encountered in this universe.  Time to say my farewells... most I'll never see again.....  How do you say goodbye, I don't want to open that door...)*

This render was just meant to be a nice detailed portrait of my currently un-named character.  As the render came into being itteration after itteration, it became part of her story.
    On a side note - The level of detail on esha's dForce Little Red Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s) is amazing, the promo renders do not do it justice.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A New Life (part 6)

A simple smile.
    *(When your best friend of fifteen or so years asks for a photo, you smile.  A simple smile, a sad smile, a smile you knew was coming, a smile you've been dreading.  Most of all a smile that says goodbye.)*

A New Life (part 7)

A Simple Smile (from a friend)
    *(Such a kind hearted soul.  You made me feel welcome here, like being part of a family.  This ship without you feels larger, the hallways longer... just, in a way empty...  I know you never used the Net for much more than work, but one can always hope...)*

My Character, Clara Sladen throughout her career. (Yes she has a name now)
    Age 18: Fresh Recruit
    Age 24: Chief of Security
    Age 48: Starship Captain

• I'd like to say I'm really impressed with how you aged the character in your latest series of images.  The addition of weight as she got older and aging in her face and hands was very believable.  Did you use Zev0's Aging product and dialled in morphs for the weight addition?

somefunok said:

I'd like to say I'm really impressed with how you aged the character in your latest series of images.  The addition of weight as she got older and aging in her face and hands was very believable.  Did you use Zev0's Aging product and dialled in morphs for the weight addition?

Yes I did, along with a bunch of other morphs.
    The character morph is a mix of DE Alice and Charlotte 8.  As she gets older the Alice morph becomes more prominent.  Her materials are DE Alice.

This character is featured in my "A New Life" render series.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?!

*(Why do I even bother changing after work?  I must spend more time on the bridge in civillians than my duty uniform)*

One last night to ourselves before the kids get here.

Animantion time!
    This is created from the new "aniMate Belly Dancing for Victoria 8" set, with some little modifications  (using graphMate and keyMate) to fix the arms intersecting with the body.
    ​**************************************************************************************************
    2017-12-23 23:23:15.637 Total Simulation Time: 7 minutes 0.16 seconds
    (723 Frames @ 24fps)
    **************************************************************************************************

2017-12-24 06:32:12.344 Total Rendering Time: 6 hours 48 minutes 59.5 seconds​
    (Render covergence target = 20%, Resolution = 1280x960, Frames = 723)
    (34 seconds average render time pre frame)
    ​**************************************************************************************************

Title: Tree's too tall... just like last year!

Title:  All I want for Christmas is....... TO BE A MERMAID!!!!!
    Someone must've been a very good girl this year for Santa to give this gift.

Here is Sakura8 (About 50%)

Genesis 8 Eyes, OnFleek Lashes, and Ultimate Eyebrows.

Sakura 8 : 100% (With head morph dialed back to 50%)
    DE Alice Head : 50%
    Body Size : 50%
    A few face and eye shape adjustments.

More fun making Sakura 8 look less Anime.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow I really enjoyed your new life series of images.  A very well done progression through her life.  And I really love the point of view where she is putting the start on the tree.

Here's a little render of Callie trying to figure out how Sakura is a replacement for her. :P

Wow I really enjoyed your new life series of images.  A very well done progression through her life.  And I really love the point of view where she is putting the start on the tree.

Thanks, that series was fun to create.
    btw - The Christmas tree star render is not part of the series. (The character in that one is FWSA Noelle HD for Genesis 8 Female)

New character for the Sladen Stories:
    Meet Astrid Langford.  She is the security chief and weapons station during Clara Sladen's tenure as Captain of the ship.