DS Lights help

ssweetessweete Posts: 115
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

please tell me where the heck the main light is located so i can use the omnifreaker's uberenviroment lights and the ubersoftlights?
i see them in my lights/presets but everytime i click on of those icons i get these notices.
what the heck am i missing?
step by step info would be nice....
thanks

ubersoftlight.JPG
535 x 181 - 19K
omnifreakeruberenvirolights.JPG
334 x 136 - 15K

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

okay... in your content library:

My Library/Lights/Omnifreaker

load the UberEnfivironment Base

Then go to your Scene Tab, and select the UberEnvironment2

Then click on the preset you want.

• ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

thank you that solves the enviroment one- i'll need to move the bases to its own folder, so there not in with the presets....lol
    now i just need to find out how to use the softlight kit i got....?????
    read the online documents and it still doesn't tell how to actually load one into the scene...lol

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,352
    edited December 1969

For the Ubersoft lighting kit you can find the product under Mylibrary> Lights>Ubersoftlightkit - double click on the one labeled !Ubersoftmaster, then you can load in the distant and point lights.
    The icons with Alien Drama, noon,shad directional, shad soft and warm are colour and settings presets, the others have to do with the quality of the lighting

edited December 1969

ok, i don't get this, there are 3 main or base lights. distance,master,point.
    distance and point lights don't load until after you add the master,
    but you can then delete the master and they stay in the scene............lol
    whats the point of the master? and or do you actually needed it for the other two??

edited December 1969

i see, the presets are only for the master???
    theres nothing for the distance or point??
    to get the soft lights do you use all three? or just the master and one of the others?
    i want the look that is in the main promo of the cellar.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I don't have the softlight kit, so I can't help you there.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,352
    edited December 1969

I would take a guess that thats using a master and points. You will probably have to do a few test renders to get the effect you want.

edited December 1969

thanks, at least now i can load them into the scene to play with........lol
    why the bases are in the same folder as the presets i'll never understand...
    i kept looking for the light it wanted in the errors in a different folder...

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited February 2013

Don't got the product, but from what I get from omnifreaker's tutorial page it is the "Master" that controls some general aspects of all UberSoft lights. So for some effects you probably have to adjust the Master (and it is likely always needed) and due to that there are likely some "Master only" presets as well.

Omnifreaker's page on UberSoft

Post edited by Renpatsu on