Restored from back up but content library is messed up

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in New Users

Okay I had to do a full system restore, and had my Daz stuff backed up, all my Daz 3D> Studio> folders were put back in the same spots.
I re-installed Daz Studio 4.5 but it is not showing up in my smart content folders and stuff that has metadata and should have installed correctly in the first place.
Am I missing a file somewhere? Or a setting?
Thanks!
Amy

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Click on the drop down menu in the Content Library pane, and select Content DB Maintenance, then Re-import Metadata, that may help.

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

I did that, and it doesn't seem to have re imported everything. Is there a file that I can pull from back up and replace a current one with? Is there a folder where the metadata was stored?

Amy

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited February 2013

Did you stop the Content Manager while you copied back your user data in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases ? I restored a backup on Friday and 'lost' my Content Library Categories. I stopped CMS copied the filed back again started CMS, and it worked. That restored the Smart Content Metadata as well which I don't use. Hope that works for you

Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    edited December 1969

I can see the folder you are talking about, but not the database file/folder. Do I need to replace the content management server application file?

Amy

content_management.jpg
    914 x 670 - 200K
    edited December 1969

You should have a 'databases' foler in there as I have, shown below. I wonder where yours could be.

Are you using the 32 bit version? If so, you may have to look in Program Files (x86) instead.

Untitled-1.jpg
    808 x 452 - 186K
    edited December 1969

I am using 64 bit, but don't see a content management service window under the Programs Files x86 Daz folder.
    Very strange!

Amy

edited December 1969

The one i showed you is my 64 bit folder, that is where yours should be as well i think, the screenshot you posted doean't incude the databases folder, but mine does. I am using DS 4.5.1.56 64 bit

What version of DAZ Studio are you running? Help > About DAZ Studio

edited December 1969

I am running 4.5.1.56 on Win Vista.

Amy

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,,

In my case,,
    database is under the C:\ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service
    then CMS aprication is under the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D

I do not know,, why the difference happen from Jimmy,,,

but you may find database of CMS under programdata folda,, I think.

windows 7 64 bit version.
    daz studio 4.5.1.56

if now daz CMS database should be installed in program files,,
    I had not uninstalled corerctly CMS when version up ds, (many times version up,, last year,,)

I may need to re install CMS,,, :down: (no hope,,,reinstall again,,)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

and,, you can check your database path, by ContentManagementServer.ini file.

I can see, in pic,, you have the ContentManagementServer.ini file
    where your CMS.exe is installed.

open it by text editor,
    then check,,
    SystemCatalog=C:\ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

cmsini.JPG
    521 x 553 - 62K
    edited December 1969

I found my database, and it is under Program Data, not under the program files.
    It should be under program files?
    Do a uninstall and reinstall? To get it in the right spot? I am afraid that the Program Data folder was not saved in the backup, but I will have to double check that. Its going to be VERY frustrating if I lost all my content settings.

Amy