"Send to ZBrush" causes ZBrush to crash. This used to work...

"Send to ZBrush" causes ZBrush to crash when it has almost finished opening.  This used to work, and I can't think of anything that has changed. It was part of a really good workflow for designing custom faces, and then applying pre-designed Expressions. And Yes, I have saved as Base Mesh before sending to ZBrush. Thanks, anyone!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

Which version of Daz Studio and ZBrush?

• kevphilkevphil Posts: 42

I should have said... Sorry.

DAZ 4.9.2.70   ZBrush 4R7 P3

You might try updating to 4.9.3.166 - or install the new beta and that version of GoZ (which will remove the GoZ from 4.9.2.70). I can't recall with certainty but an issue in siome situations in the older version does sound vaguely familiar.

edited May 2017

How do I update? I don't see any command for doing so. Or do I just install from scratch?

Thanks for the help, Richard!

Post edited by kevphil on
    edited May 2017

I found how to check for updates in Preferences, but it gives me back the message that there are no updates. Hmmm...

Post edited by kevphil on

If you installed via DIM then the new version should appear (it isn't a patch, it's a compleet new version - but it won't touch settings). If you used the stand-alone isntaller you need to download the new version. If you want to keep access to the previous version make a copy of the installer, or the zip from the DIM Downloads folder, first.

Yep, I used DIM. I've gone to the Ready to Download tab. DAZ Studio 4.9 is there, but it doesn't give version number. I suspect it would just be the same as I have now. So I would probably need to download it from their site.

I did however see GoZ as a separate plugin, so I may try reinstalling that first.

Thanks again!

I got it working again! As with everything DAZ, it was confusing and made no sense (to me), but I am now back able to use ZBrush. For a while, at least. ;) Thanks, Richard!

• I got it working again! As with everything DAZ, it was confusing and made no sense (to me), but I am now back able to use ZBrush. For a while, at least. ;) Thanks, Richard!

Not really confusing; any file on the download server for DIM that has a newer file date than what you last downloaded is considered an updated version whether it has a newer version number displayed or not.