Animating with Daz Studio

SandyCSandyC Posts: 8

Hi! I am Sandy C. I stumbled upon Daz Studio in January of 2016. My daughter had written and recorded a beautiful song. I had wanted to film a music video with her. However, she got too busy, as young adults do, and I never finished it (or really even got started). When I found Daz, I found a 3D character that would be perfect for the video...a beautiful Genesis 3 female.

I had tried messing with Blender and Make Human years ago, but none of it made sense to me. Well, it took me from January 2016 to October 2016 to learn how to use Daz and complete my first music video. I am so excited about the future potential using this software for character creation. I use After Effects to combine Daz renders with 2D, photos, and video. I am not an animator. I am a retired grandma with a vision for leaving something special to my grandkids. That is why I want to share with you the possibilities with Daz.

You can view my project, My Music Box, on Vimeohttps://vimeo.com/218967120 . The music track is the one my daughter recorded.

I have also just completed my 2nd Daz animation project and posted it as wellhttps://vimeo.com/218974217. I hope these projects will be encouraging to you as you work your way through the complexities of animation.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

LOL, those were both very good! laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912

I absolutely love the sloth heart

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Wow! it's not only the daughter with talent here!

RE: 'My Music Box' - It's filled with brillant moments in an overall great piece - great lighting, camera angles, and edits - had a 'wow' moment at around the 1 minute mark! The trnasparent dancer on the beach, and ring dance - very nicely done!

RE: The sloth, I assume that was you singing and dancing with your friends there? bravo. Just plain fun.

The compositing, effects (e.g. transparency, overlays, transitions) lip-sync, editing choices - and ideas/story choices are simply great.

To pull those off, you had to learn/master almost everything DS and video editors can do, and the sound mix is dead-on. Props to you, and yes, you accomplished your task in inspiring others... At least one!

cheers, and looking forward to more!

--ms

• LOL, love the greenscreen outtakes!
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Very cool!  That's really good for your first animation.

• Very good work, SandyC.  Thanks for sharing.