Install freebies from net

BeemBeem Posts: 95

Where can i find  an easy tutorial step by step how to install contents-freebies into Daz 4.9 ?

Comments

• BeemBeem Posts: 95

Thank you. I' ll take a look at the tutorial.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Yes, the tutorial of SicleYield is very helpful for the freebees of most of the creators.

But there some who don't pack their files related to the DAZ file structure. Here simply you have to know, what the files are good for and feed them into the corresponding place of your content library.
    I. e.: If there are poses for Genesis 2 Female, simply create a new sub-folder under /Genesis 2 Female / Poses and place the new files inside.

Contrary to what some experts suggest, it is somehow useful to place the freebee files in the same content library as the DAZ-shop items. That way you have all available features in one place on one look.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited May 2017

I prefer to have a "Testing" library where freebies are installed (one at  time) until I know whether they are trouble free, this makes it easy to just delete everything in the library and try another freebie.

Post edited by jestmart on
    jestmart said:

I prefer to have a "Testing" library where freebies are installed (one at  time) until I no whether they are trouble free, this makes it easy to just delete everything in the library and try another freebie.

I think it sounds good for a newbie as i am.

AndyS said:

Yes, the tutorial of SicleYield is very helpful for the freebees of most of the creators.

But there some who don't pack their files related to the DAZ file structure. Here simply you have to know, what the files are good for and feed them into the corresponding place of your content library.
    I. e.: If there are poses for Genesis 2 Female, simply create a new sub-folder under /Genesis 2 Female / Poses and place the new files inside.

Contrary to what some experts suggest, it is somehow useful to place the freebee files in the same content library as the DAZ-shop items. That way you have all available features in one place on one look.

I have to test what yoy say and also what next answer said.  Learning by doing and fail and do again.